Texas Fishing Forum

MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal

Posted By: lurenthewind

MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/17/19 03:18 AM

I can't get the prop off my MotorGuide Tour Edition trolling motor. The prop nut cam off with no problem, Bit I can't get the prop to budge.

I screwed the nut back on until it was flush and than struck the end of the shaft it with a hammer while putting pressure on the backside of the prop. I didn't hit it really hard for fear of damaging the armature. Didn't work

I tried prying on the back of the prop with a screwdriver between the prop and housing. Didn't work.

I tried hitting the backside of the prop blades alternately with a hammer. Didn't work

Any suggestions?

Wayne
Posted By: ring fry

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/17/19 11:02 AM

Sawsall.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/17/19 01:01 PM

Spray some oil in there it's only being held on with a pin.

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/17/19 02:53 PM

I sprayed PB Blaster on it last night to let it soak. I will try again today and see how it goes.

I wanted to put a new prop on and keep this one for a spare, but I may have to cut it off.

Wayne
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/17/19 03:46 PM

Your shear pin must be bent preventing easy removal from the shaft.

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/17/19 08:48 PM

Well, I destroyed the prop getting it off. The shear pin was bent into and "L" and I even fashioned a puller out of a steering wheel puller that I have and had straps around all three of the prop blades and it would not budge. Finally just cut it off. I was going to put a new one on anyway, I was just trying to keep this one for a spare.

Wayne
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Prop Removal - 05/27/19 08:38 PM

P.M sent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum