Texas Fishing Forum

Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker

Posted By: Stump jumper

Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/16/18 10:43 AM

Anyone know if they are still made? I can find the larger one but not the 5600. I was fishing Texoma Friday with a large gizzard shad and did not realize that I had bumped the handle and locked the spool. A large striper hit and we heard a snap and saw the rod and holder going over in a hurry. Broke the base off the rod holder. I would have liked to see that fish. I cannot find the 5600 with bait clicker any where. Cabelas has the C3s but I prefer the thumb bar. Found on Ebay but lost the bid. Model number of the one I lost is 5600CA
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/16/18 10:36 PM

Hey Stump, check on Ebay. There's several on there. I'll be more than happy to look for you if you want.

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/17/18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: rdmac
Hey Stump, check on Ebay. There's several on there. I'll be more than happy to look for you if you want.
I just lost an auction on one. I looked yesterday and saw several 5600s but non with clickers. I will look again today. Still waiting a response from Garcia. If I used it solely with bait I would just buy the C3 but I like the thumbar for casting.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/18/18 01:32 AM

They are easy to add. The parts can be had for very little money, I think I paid like $8.00 and did three reels. You have to cut a small groove in the end cover and install the parts. Super easy.

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/18/18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TCK73
They are easy to add. The parts can be had for very little money, I think I paid like $8.00 and did three reels. You have to cut a small groove in the end cover and install the parts. Super easy.
I have seen the you tube videos and would try this if I had a reel to convert. Since I need to buy a replacement I prefer to buy with the clicker. I found a 5600 D5 on Ebay that looks like it has the clicker. I emailed the seller and waiting for a reply. Not sure why I did not post this in the Rod & Reel section.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/19/18 02:39 PM

Try the catfishing section and you might find somebody willing to part with one. I hear those guys have a couple abus.

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/20/18 05:14 PM

Garcia finally replied and they confirmed that the 5600 is no longer available with a bait alarm (that is their lingo). They offered to repair mine. I said if you can catch it. There is one big striper dragging it around in Lake Texoma.
Posted By: RANGER SKI

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/20/18 05:33 PM

I have a new/not in box 6600 with clicker

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/26/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: RANGER SKI
I have a new/not in box 6600 with clicker

too big. Found a 5600 0n Ebay and i am gping to order kit for my old 5500 C3.

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/26/18 03:52 PM

how did you cut groove? I am going to order kit. I think Garcia has made a mistake by discontinuing the smaller reels with the clicker. Seem like demand is still there.

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/26/18 06:07 PM

now that I have decided to buy I cannot find the kit on ereplacement parts. popped right up earlier

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/27/18 02:14 AM

Found it finally. They call it a "line out alarm". For anyone looking for a reel with the alarm the Cabelas on line catalog is incorrect. The 5500 does NOT come with a bait clicker even though it is listed as an option.

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 07/31/18 01:28 AM

CS supervisor called day after I returned 5500C3. He said to just keep reel and gave me immediate refund. I said too late it is in the mail. He offered a $100 gift card. I said no I want the reel. He said no problem I will next day it. Meanwhile Ebay came through with a beautiful 5500C4 with clicker for $100 to my door. I will say Cabelas has great CS. After losing my best rod and reel along with rod holder things turned out ok even if I cost me $100. Reel is better than one I lost which was at least 20 years old. Prettier than black too. Still mad I did not not get to see fish.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Abu Garcia 5600 with bait clicker - 08/03/18 11:35 PM

5600's are made in Asian countries......No Good
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum