Texas Fishing Forum

Talon - Paint coming off

Posted By: forkduc

Talon - Paint coming off - 07/04/18 06:03 PM

Almost 4 year old black Talon . My paint is peeling off the bottom in big chunks. Feels like layers of plastic. Reason? Warranty?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Talon - Paint coming off - 07/05/18 01:18 AM

Warranty service can be arranged by contacting a Minn Kota Authorized Service Center or by contacting the factory at 1-800-227-6433

I have seen cases where the paint was covered.

5-Year Warranty
Talon carries a five-year limited warranty - plus a lifetime warranty on the spike and a five-year warranty on all brackets

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Talon - Paint coming off - 07/05/18 04:22 AM

It is covered if still under warranty. I had one that did the same thing. What I found out was they had a problem with some of the earlier models and the paint but it is supposedly fixed now. Just take it to an Authorized Repair Facility. If you don't have the receipt, they can look at the production date and if that is within the warranty period they will repair no problems. Might be a little wait because of the different colors and sizes they don't usually keep them in stock so they have to order a new case from the factory. All Star is who repaired mine. I think the turn around time was about 2 or 3 weeks but that was because I dropped it at a dealer and they picked it up and returned it to them.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Talon - Paint coming off - 07/05/18 01:37 PM

Thanks all for the responses. Mine is blacks might be quicker. Going to sell it after I get this cosmetic issue handled. Will rely on my Ultrex!
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Talon - Paint coming off - 07/05/18 03:45 PM

Sartin Marine out of Yantis is a MK Service Rep.
Fixed mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum