Texas Fishing Forum

Fortrex mount

Posted By: J_France

Fortrex mount - 07/01/18 12:00 PM

Have and older 24v maxxum that’s getting worn out. Will a fortrex mount into same holes as the maxxum? Looking to do a very simple swap.
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Fortrex mount - 07/05/18 02:49 AM

You will need to drill 4 holes if I remember correctly. The ultrex and the fortrex will use the same holes. From the maxxum to the fortrex you must drill more holes
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Fortrex mount - 07/05/18 04:06 AM

We were having this discussion on BBC and a couple of guys swapped from Maxxum's to Fortrex/Ultrex's and did not have to drill any holes.

When I looked at my Maxxum and at the Fortrex/Ultrex's at my dealer with the holes they used to mount mine I will more than likely have to drill to mount my Ultrex when I get it.

The Fortrex/Ultrex mount has several holes in it so you might get lucky. angel
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Fortrex mount - 07/05/18 01:33 PM

The Fortrex bracket fit on my boat. I had a Maxxum and changed to Fortrex. I had to take the side plates off the bracket and there is another set of holes
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Fortrex mount - 07/06/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Rick Collis
The Fortrex bracket fit on my boat. I had a Maxxum and changed to Fortrex. I had to take the side plates off the bracket and there is another set of holes

Thanks Rick! cheers
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Fortrex mount - 07/10/18 07:40 PM

I had a MK Maxxum and upgraded to the Fortrex. I think if I remember correctly, I had to drill one hole but got 3 of the others to match up perfect.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum