Texas Fishing Forum

Gn1 helix 10 si

Posted By: jbobo

Gn1 helix 10 si - 05/27/18 04:34 AM

My helix 10 is about 6 months old. Non mega. The left side of my display is not reading correctly on si in any of the different screens. Transducer is mounted correctly. Di and 2d sonar work fine. Any ideas what might cause this?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Gn1 helix 10 si - 05/27/18 04:43 AM

Could be a transducer failing on you. What you are describing is usually a bad transducer that or try trimming the motor to get a clear shot across the left side. But you say you have had the unit for 6 mo. so I am leaning towards the bad transducer.

Re: Gn1 helix 10 si - 05/27/18 05:00 AM

Ok. I tried trimming the motor but it doesn’t get any better. Someone else said it might be a broken pin in the transducer plug which I haven’t checked yet. I kinda figured I’d have to replace the transducer. @&$?!”@&
Thanks David!
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Gn1 helix 10 si - 05/27/18 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: jbobo
Ok. I tried trimming the motor but it doesn’t get any better. Someone else said it might be a broken pin in the transducer plug which I haven’t checked yet. I kinda figured I’d have to replace the transducer. @&$?!”@&
Thanks David!

If the transducer has failed, your warranty will replace it. Contact a Humminbird Customer Service.

BTW, the DI would not be working correctly since you would be missing half of the data to create that view.

Re: Gn1 helix 10 si - 05/27/18 02:53 PM

Thanks Wayne! I guess I better yank it out now so I can get the new one in by Thursday’s trip to Texoma.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum