Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink

Posted By: msbcguy

Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink - 05/23/18 02:58 PM

Thinking about switching to Humminbird units. Do I need a GPS puck for each unit? How does Interlink work? Can I utilize one GPS puck for both units through Interlink?

Sorry, I've been out of the game for a while and I'm not up to date on latest technology!
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink - 05/23/18 04:24 PM

Interlink has been discontinued and not supported on newer graphs. Are you buying older used ones? If you are buying new Helix/Solix units, they each have internal GPS antennas built into the head unit so no GPS puck is required unless you want to upgrade to one with the Heading Sensor capabilities.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink - 05/23/18 05:00 PM

All of the Helix units have a built-in GPS puck unless the unit is not GPS capable.

Re: Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink - 05/23/18 06:44 PM

Yep, looking to purchase new Helix units so that gives me some peace of mind. So, all I would need to link both units together would be ethernet cable?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink - 05/24/18 05:30 AM

Has to be a networkable unit then you need the appropriate length ethernet cable and two dongles. For more than 2 devices linked together you would need to add the 5 port hub. Make sure you select the Helix g2N or the mega units on the gen 2 helix so you can network them.

Re: Humminbird GPS Puck and Interlink - 05/24/18 01:14 PM

I would just be linking single console unit (Helix 12 Mega SI G2N) to a single bow unit (Helix 10 Mega SI G2N).

Thanks for the comments, y'all.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum