Texas Fishing Forum

XxXMotorGuideXxX

Posted By: BBG920xp

XxXMotorGuideXxX - 04/29/18 04:41 PM

Never have been a big fan of MG but my new to me 2016 Phoenix 920 came with a MG Xi5 and this morning while fishong, it starts turning to the left in a hasty manner. This is without me touching the foot pedal or remote. I tried to get it to stop and the only way that was possible was to hit the spotlock/pinpoint. I re set the power and did everything the internet said and it worked for 15 min. Then all of a sudden it does it again and does it till it rips its own wires out of its base...
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: XxXMotorGuideXxX - 04/29/18 05:30 PM

It is losing GPS signal. Call MG customer service. You will talk to an actual person that will be very helpful.
Posted By: BBG920xp

Re: XxXMotorGuideXxX - 04/29/18 05:37 PM

Thanks for the advice! What about the wires that it pulled out of the receiver? And how bad of a design is it for the tm to even be able to spin until the cord is pulled out? Jeeze
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: XxXMotorGuideXxX - 04/29/18 07:44 PM

My first one did that, but I managed to stop it before the wires got pulled out. They will tell you to take it to a MG authorized service department and they will replace what it torn up. They were replacing parts on mine when it was almost a year out of warranty because I had several issues with it while it was still under warranty. They are awesome to deal with.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum