Texas Fishing Forum

Heading Up - Lowrance HDS

Posted By: HappyNest

Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/15/18 12:48 PM

My HDS unit is selected for heading up. When I operate the boat the boat icon remains pointing up and the map continues to stay fixed north up. When I select either of the other two selections it doesn’t change the arrangement. I believe I want the icon to stay pointing up and the map rotate around the boat icon. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/16/18 01:56 AM

You can try a soft rest..but first you need back up your wpts before you do that.

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/16/18 11:35 AM

I’ll try that Thursday, thanks Jason
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/16/18 12:50 PM

I'd save the wpts and settings to an sd card then try the soft reset. If that did not work I'd try a hard reset.

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/16/18 07:47 PM

It is sure odd watching the boat icon travel backwards or an angle 😃, I do have a weight point or two I should save.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/16/18 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Dayne
I'd save the wpts and settings to an sd card then try the soft reset. If that did not work I'd try a hard reset.
What he said thumb + a re calibration would`nt hurt.IMHO
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/18/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Dayne

Did you go back in a reselect your heading up

Re: Heading Up - Lowrance HDS - 04/27/18 03:52 AM

Jason, I didn’t have the chance and it is looking like next weekend. I appreciate you checking back. I know I did power down and restarted before but it remained. I’ll let you know when I try it next week. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum