Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem SOLVED!

Posted By: Phototex

Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem SOLVED! - 04/03/18 12:40 AM

I recently bought a new HELIX 7 CHIRP DI G2 and mounted the transducer onto the included mount. Now, I am trying to remove it in order to remount it onto a Humminbird accessory trolling motor mount. IIs it possible to back out the lock nut that was included to attach the transducer?If so, I no longer have the strength to do so with an open-end wrench and a hex key. Can the lock nut be drilled out without harming the transducer or plastic mount pieces? If so, who does such work?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem - 04/03/18 12:51 AM

Get a hex wrench with a longer handle and use a socket or box end wrench.
OR get someone to take it apart for you.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem - 04/03/18 04:05 AM

Run it by the shop and we will get ya taken care of. Call before heading over to make sure we have not stepped away for lunch and or out running an errand. See link below for directions/ address to the shop.

http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/contact_us.php

Re: Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem - 04/03/18 04:06 PM

Thanks, Wayne.

Re: Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem - 04/03/18 04:09 PM

SHUT-UP-AND-FISH solved my problem completely in just a very few minutes. OUTSTANDING customer service. I highly recommend this company. Thanks a million, David!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Humminbird Transducer Mount Lock Nut Problem - 04/04/18 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Phototex
SHUT-UP-AND-FISH solved my problem completely in just a very few minutes. OUTSTANDING customer service. I highly recommend this company. Thanks a million, David!

It was a pleasure assisting you. No job to big nor too small. Thanks for dropping in and have us get you taken care of.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum