Texas Fishing Forum

HELIX help!

Posted By: ETXfisher91

HELIX help! - 03/30/18 04:18 AM

At first, my helix was flickering... I fixed that part. Now when I turn it on it just stays blank like this... Any idea why? TIA
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: HELIX help! - 03/30/18 05:23 AM

Still under warranty? Try unhooking everything and just plug the power in and see if it works. Do you have it wired directly to the battery (not the trolling motor batteries)? What gauge wiring did you use?

Re: HELIX help! - 03/30/18 11:52 AM

I'm not sure if it's still under warranty... I'll have to check with the guy I bought the boat from... It was working when I picked the boat up Monday. I'll try the power cord like you mentioned but I'm not sure about the other guys. My helix 9 works at the console so I know it's not a batter issue.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: HELIX help! - 03/30/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ETXfisher91
At first, my helix was flickering... I fixed that part. Now when I turn it on it just stays blank like this... Any idea why? TIA

How did you fix the flickering?????

A used unit, it is not covered by the warranty. That is only for the original purchaser with receipt.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: HELIX help! - 03/30/18 11:51 PM

Move it up to where the helix 9 is and hook it up there and see if it works. Then you will know if it is in the wiring it if you have a problem in the unit itself

Re: HELIX help! - 03/31/18 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Originally Posted By: ETXfisher91

Well I guess that's out of the equation.. lol the flickering is back... All it does now is say "hummingbird loading" flickers a couple times then shuts off. I'm not an expert at this at all...

How did you fix the flickering?????

A used unit, it is not covered by the warranty. That is only for the original purchaser with receipt.

Re: HELIX help! - 03/31/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Move it up to where the helix 9 is and hook it up there and see if it works. Then you will know if it is in the wiring it if you have a problem in the unit itself

The wiring for the plug in is different. This is a helix 5 on the bow... I'll play around with it and see if I can figure out how to do what you mean.. I'm new to electronics and very far from a electrical guru lol
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: HELIX help! - 03/31/18 12:17 AM

if you have map cards remove them and then restart the unit. Have you loaded any waypoints yet?
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: HELIX help! - 03/31/18 02:14 PM

Send it in. Often times, they have a 3 day turnaround.

Re: HELIX help! - 03/31/18 05:38 PM

Well I fixed that problem.... It had a blown fuse. Now, it's saying the transducer isn't connected... But I got power and I have a wire running to the Ducer. These things are a pain
Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Re: HELIX help! - 03/31/18 09:46 PM

Have you tried updating the firmware?

Re: HELIX help! - 04/01/18 12:14 AM

I have no clue how to do that!

Is any of you guys near the Longview area of Texas??
Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Re: HELIX help! - 04/01/18 12:19 AM

Log in to your HB support page, down load latest firmware. Place on SD card. Put in unit. Start device and follow on screen instructions

Re: HELIX help! - 04/01/18 03:55 AM

Okay thanks! I'll give that a try!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum