Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance / Motorguide Autopilot Interface

Posted By: HappyNest

Lowrance / Motorguide Autopilot Interface - 03/29/18 06:45 PM

Just a word of caution. If your using the Motor- Guide xi5 / Lowrance interface for autopilot do not load the new Fish Reveal upgrade at this time. I was on the phone with Lowrance for a long time today to learn that they have a problem with the software that will cause the unit not too recognize the autopilot computer. They hope to fix it soon but have no projected date for this to be repaired. Sad the main reason I purchase this system and can't use the feature. On the upside Fish Reveal is a neat upgrade.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lowrance / Motorguide Autopilot Interface - 04/02/18 02:56 PM

That's odd, I installed the Fish Reveal on mine and it did not affect the AutoPilot. I used it a couple of times to 'Go-to' a brush pile.
Posted By: UJC

Re: Lowrance / Motorguide Autopilot Interface - 04/03/18 09:59 PM

I have no issue using autopilot with the Fish Reveal release.

Re: Lowrance / Motorguide Autopilot Interface - 04/05/18 08:53 PM

I got in touch with a very smart Motorguide Tech today (he called me) who isolated the problem and while I haven’t had it on the water yet I am confident he has resolved the error. It (Was NOT) a problem that requires a software revision! It was a software problem that had to follow a reset order to overcome. All I can say is while Lowrance is good Motorguide ROCKS!!

Re: Lowrance / Motorguide Autopilot Interface - 04/05/18 08:57 PM

One more thing. One of our members on this Forum is likely the reason Motorguide called me and while I don’t have permission to say who at this point I will say I greatly appreciate him!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum