Texas Fishing Forum

Power Pole Problem

Posted By: wild bill

Power Pole Problem - 03/02/18 06:11 PM

My remote will not work. I thought it was the battery so I opened it up. there beside the battery was a magnet that had come unglued . I dont know which end of magnet to glue down Has any one ever looked inside of a remote could you send me a picture or give me a clue on placing this magnet back into place.

wild bill
Posted By: wild bill

Re: Power Pole Problem - 03/03/18 03:19 PM

going to report on the Power pole problem that I FIXED.

I really thought the battery was bad but as stated I opened and a small magnet about 3/4 inch long fell out I did see where it was glued but I am sure over the years had been bounced and came loose
I bought a new battery 21-23 cost was about $2 AS most of us know a magnet has a positive and negative poles I did not know which way this magnet need to be pointed. Figured if I got it wrong the buttons would be opposite meaning UP would be DOWN an down / up. I placed the new battery in the slot and took the magnet and held it in place; first time it did not work I kept fooling with the magnet till I got the buttons to work in the proper direction. I marked the magnet TOP
I then glue with some really great super glue and let sit for several hours. I place battery in slot and there it was fixed.
Everyone I talked to said "you need to buy a new remote" Cost ranged from $49 to $189 I did hard wire a three position switch in the dash of boat so this will not happen again.
Hope this helps some one else out.
wild bill
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Power Pole Problem - 03/04/18 12:35 AM

If you had called Power Pole they would have probably mailed you a new remote free of charge. They have some of the best customer service I have ever seen. Congrats on figuring it out on your own.
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Power Pole Problem - 03/07/18 02:48 PM

+1 to their customer service, best in the business!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum