Texas Fishing Forum

Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova.

Posted By: crapicat

Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/10/18 10:30 PM

I saw a link to a company that sells a bracket that will allow you to use a 360 on a Terronova and they also make on for an Ultrex as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated...
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/10/18 11:35 PM

Cumberlandcrappie has one for a Terrova or Ulterra, both are electric steer only motors.

Humminbird has a Ultrex version of 360 and a mount to convert the Fortrex model to a Ultrex.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/11/18 12:14 AM

Thanks, Wayne...Cumberland was the one I was thinking about!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/11/18 09:14 AM

I've got an old cumberland crappie one for my ulterra. I just saw they updated pictures on their site and they made some improvements to it. I think I am going to get one of their new ones. It looks like it fixes some of the problems the old one had. It isn't perfect but it seems to be the best of the three options that I found.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/11/18 12:26 PM

https://www.cornfieldcrappiegear.com/products I think all of them are same machinist all the way to precision.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/11/18 07:44 PM

I've never seen that one. It look a little better made than the cumberland crappie one but more expensive.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/12/18 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
I've never seen that one. It look a little better made than the cumberland crappie one but more expensive.

That’s what I thought too...I fish a lot of shallow water with stumps, lay downs, and kinda wanting the benefit of the 360 in shallow water.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/12/18 08:07 AM

Well it says for the ulterra it requires drilling into the housing so I won't be doing that.

I fish shallow and in stumps also. What little use I've had of mine so far I really like it. I find things that I've never seen before but also nice to know you are casting to the right area.

The old Cumberland was decent but required checking the screws now and then and slight corrections to the mount. The new one looks like it might stay in place better.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/14/18 05:25 AM

I think that is probably a misprint I would call him to confirm , he is a super nice guy.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/17/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
https://www.cornfieldcrappiegear.com/products I think all of them are same machinist all the way to precision.

Thanks for the link scruboak...talked to the owner, at length...seems he went overboard developing this mounting system, with an eye on long term satisfaction...so I ordered one, (I got no arguments with those concerns) FYI, forum members, he even said he is in the process of developing mounting brackets for the X15...or whatever it’s called...Lol

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/17/18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Cumberlandcrappie has one for a Terrova or Ulterra, both are electric steer only motors.

Humminbird has a Ultrex version of 360 and a mount to convert the Fortrex model to a Ultrex.

BTW, Wayne, I appreciate all the help/support you have provided me during this process... flehan

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/18/18 02:53 AM

Update when you get it and how it works. I'm thinking of upgrading mine to one of those 2 in the future.

Re: Who sells the bracket than mounts a 360 to a Terranova. - 02/26/18 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Update when you get it and how it works. I'm thinking of upgrading mine to one of those 2 in the future.

I will...I am installing HB 998 si HD on a RAM mount, the 360, and a separate bow battery (up front) to run them autonomously. Since I decided to add a separate battery to power the 998 and 360, my progress has slowed to a crawl, due to the need to instal a new circuit panel and wire loom (no cheap hack jobs here) and of course changing my mind a couple of times on the best routing, location, to achieve the said project. That said, hopefully the battery bracket is almost complete (outsourced to a buddy) and I need to go pick up a separate common bar to finish the out-of-site portion, prior to sitting the TM back in position and positioning the 360. I am still quite a ways away from testing yet, but hey, half the fun is getting it right so you don’t have to redo it again, during testing...

One thing I can tell you the crappiegrar components are first rate quality and have impressed me thus far....when installing them, an extra set of hands would have been helpful, although I managed with a few dropsies. During installation, a set of Allen wrench’s is a must have...also, the written instructions leave a lot to be desired, but the color glossy photos on their website, make up for it. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will find time to get this project completed with an eye on setting up the controls on the water. Stay tuned....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum