Texas Fishing Forum

Rod organizer

Posted By: seahunt

Rod organizer - 02/03/18 07:03 PM

I would like to install a rod organizer in one of my rod boxes. I don't have a clue where to look or what to buy, or maybe someone out in TFF land does this kind of thing. I have a Triton TR186. Any input will be appreciated.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Rod organizer - 02/04/18 12:32 AM

You can make a custom one with a couple of cutting boards, some golf tubes and a hole saw.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Rod organizer - 02/04/18 02:55 AM

You can also use a sheet of the pink insulation at Home Depot. Make a template with paper or cardboard then use razor blades to cut it out. A hole saw and golf club tubes. You can make it right so it wedges in and doesn’t need to be screwed down. The handle in same thing minus tubes. I made one over a year ago for maybe $20 and it is still holding up well
Posted By: seahunt

Re: Rod organizer - 02/05/18 04:15 PM

Thanks for the ideas!
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Rod organizer - 02/06/18 02:16 PM

I just made one for my rod locker and used cutting board with the a hole saw and just use it to hold the butt of the rods and just use rod Sox works really well have 14 rods in there
Posted By: T 4 FISH

Re: Rod organizer - 02/10/18 10:25 PM

Sent you a PM. I have a brand new one for sale.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Rod organizer - 02/13/18 04:17 PM

I just use rod sox and put as many as I need in my rod box.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Rod organizer - 02/15/18 03:08 PM

Most take them out, I had made one for a TR186 I had, made template cut out using cutting board. Sprayed with primer then trailer paint. Also 12 1.5 in golf tubes and cutting board. Used this site for pics, may have cost 30 dollars total.
http://www.customrodracks.com/pictures.html
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Rod organizer - 02/15/18 06:25 PM

I've got a tube holder that I took out of my boat if you need it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum