Texas Fishing Forum

hummingbird helix 5 problem.

Posted By: sae

hummingbird helix 5 problem. - 01/29/18 05:30 PM

h. bird 5 di.si gen1.

Went out sunday to look at humps.first 30 min. sonar, di., andside image o.k.[ for what a 5 will do )
Then d.i. and s. i. went black .after 10 or 15 min. a narrow green stripe in the middle of d.i and s. i. screen.
Iwas using the green pallet.P. Oed, I hauled butt back to my cove.As I came off plane s.i. and di].i. started to work ?
Posted By: LakeForkBoatAccessories

Re: hummingbird helix 5 problem. - 01/30/18 01:30 AM

Check your transducer cable where it plugs into the unit. Check the ears on the cable organizer. Also check the tabs on the unit that hold the cables to the unit. If all is good maybe time for a transducer. Good luck

Re: hummingbird helix 5 problem. - 01/30/18 01:37 AM

Thank,s l.f. will check this next trip.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: hummingbird helix 5 problem. - 01/30/18 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkBoatAccessories
Check your transducer cable where it plugs into the unit. Check the ears on the cable organizer. Also check the tabs on the unit that hold the cables to the unit. If all is good maybe time for a transducer. Good luck

There is no "cable organizer" with a Helix 5 or Helix 7. They have individual friction fit receptacles for the cable plugs. Just make sure the transducer plug is firmly inserted so it bottoms out.

Re: hummingbird helix 5 problem. - 02/03/18 12:32 PM

thank's L. F. B. and Wayne p
Pulled the head and both cables had pulled some. Reset and took a short run,all good.
Will have to keep an eye on it.The caps don't fit very tight and my boat is a rough ride.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum