Texas Fishing Forum

Terrova tm question

Posted By: nitro blue mike

Terrova tm question - 01/20/18 10:52 PM

I am about to mount a 24/80/60"Terrova on a 21'bay boat deep V.I have been seeing some things about a liftsaver.Could somebody that knows more about them than I do,tell me if I need to install one of these?Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Terrova tm question - 01/21/18 12:20 AM

That is totally up to you. The terrova sits forward on the boat and some people have issues with it hitting the toilet putting the boat on our talking it off the trailer. Some just don't want it to overhang the boat when ting to docks. Mine never had an issue so I didn't need one. I did end up installing a sliding mount to make the cover for better.

Personally, I think that I'd rather buy one of the sliding mounts. You can remove your trolling motor easily from the boat with one of those also if you care about that. Basically, you just pull a pin and slide the motor forward them put the pin back in to lock it in that position. The lift saver looks like you have to lift the motor and rock it forward every time. I wouldn't want to have to bend over and lift it any more than I have to in a day. You are already going to be lifting to deploy and store it every time that you use the trolling motor because there is no pull cable.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Terrova tm question - 01/21/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: nitro blue mike
I am about to mount a 24/80/60"Terrova on a 21'bay boat deep V.I have been seeing some things about a liftsaver.Could somebody that knows more about them than I do,tell me if I need to install one of these?Thanks for the info.

The LiftSave Trolling Motor Mount Serves several different points of interest. All electric steer trolling motors over hang the bow quite a bit causing the chance for the trailers bow roller to hit the trolling motor when loading and unloading the boat from the trailer. The LiftSaver Mounting Bracket allows for the motor to be moved back and out of the bow rollers way in either process of loading or unloading from the trailer. As mentioned that electric steer motors over hang the bow quite a bit. The LiftSaver Mounting Bracket gives you a much larger foot print to the bow vs the small foot print the electric steer motor provide. Lastly you can purchase the quick detach plate and remove the trolling motor if desired.

http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/liftsaver-trolling-motor-mounting-bracket-c-156.html
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Terrova tm question - 01/21/18 06:04 AM

R&R desing, Terrell texas. excellent sliding mechanism to eliminate the overhang.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Terrova tm question - 01/21/18 07:23 AM

I just looked at R&R. They offer quite a bit of stuff but I wish they put more pictures of the items and listed prices.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum