Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Terrova

Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Minn Kota Terrova - 01/08/18 12:09 AM

Just ordered the Minn Kota TERROVA 80 LB 45" US2/i-PILOT LINK.
Got it for $1905 shipped.

Do I need to order anything else to hook it up to My helix G2N or does everything come in the box?
Any tips/tricks to help with install process?
If you have one how do you like it?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Minn Kota Terrova - 01/08/18 02:45 AM

Did you get the newest with BT? The 1st generation do not spot lock as well as the 2nd generation BT. If you got the 2nd generation you are going to love it.

In order to connect to the Helix unit you will need the Humminbird AS EC QDE Ethernet Adapter Cable
720074-1
Posted By: CraZyNOTRT

Re: Minn Kota Terrova - 01/08/18 05:07 AM

Yes it's the 2nd gen model 1358896.

Well I guess I will order that cable, they should really add those cables in the box for as much as these things cost.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Minn Kota Terrova - 01/08/18 08:57 AM

You will need a cable adaptor, I believe the model is
MKR-US2 8 to connect the US2 transducer if you choose to use it instead of the hb transducer.

Do you have another ff already linked to that one? If so you'd have to add a network hub so that you could connect all three together.

They don't add the adaptor in the box because it is a different adaptor for different fish finders.

You will love it.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Minn Kota Terrova - 01/08/18 07:09 PM

If you have a problem with it hitting your trailer when launching or are not satisfied with the mounting footprint, please take a look at the LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mount to see if it will solve all your issues. It was made for the Xi5 but if you remove the back brace, it allows the MK's to lay completely flat. Check it out at www.liftsavertmmount.com and pm or give me a call if you have any questions.

Ron Duran
469-853-5389
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum