Texas Fishing Forum

Raymarine reviews?

Posted By: Jim Gilbert

Raymarine reviews? - 01/03/18 04:07 AM

I've had Lowrance and birds but nothing else. Any opinions would sure be appreciated. Looking at a new boat with Raymarine electronics on it
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Raymarine reviews? - 01/03/18 05:20 AM

Buddy has a dragonfly—their Chirp sonar and down imaging are excellent

They have a unique format for saving sonar logs and other chart data. It’s the only format not supported by Reefmaster. If you have interest in making your own maps, they have their own software called Wifish

Most of the newer Raymarine depthfinders chartplotters are compatible with Navionics Sonarchart custom mapping software.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Raymarine reviews? - 01/03/18 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Buddy has a dragonfly—their Chirp sonar and down imaging are excellent

They have a unique format for saving sonar logs and other chart data. It’s the only format not supported by Reefmaster. If you have interest in making your own maps, they have their own software called Wifish

Most of the newer Raymarine depthfinders chartplotters are compatible with Navionics Sonarchart custom mapping software.

WiFish is viewing the unit display on a mobile device.
Sonar Charts Live is the Navionics mapping feature.
Vexilar Sonarphone Sonar Charts Live and Lowrance Sonar Charts Live is the same thing.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Raymarine reviews? - 01/04/18 02:51 AM

I am fully rigged with RayMarine. I am mostly happy with my setup (A128 up front, e127 & e98 at console).

Service is great, software updates a breeze, and works excellently with Navionics.

It is significantly less "customizable" than Lowrance HDS (never messed with 'birds much). Screen navigation is simple, and when networked it is fairly intuitive. What setup is in the boat you are looking at?
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Raymarine reviews? - 01/04/18 01:44 PM

First off let me say that I am a Humminbird guy, have been for the last 10 years or better, but Raymarine has come a long way over the past few years. I have not had the chance to use the sonar or SI features but have done several demos with them using on the mapping features with Navionics and was impressed. The fact that they support the Sonar Chart layer and the Sonar Chart Live features via wifi make them right near the top as far as their mapping capabilities go.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Raymarine reviews? - 01/07/18 02:30 PM

I have never used them but I have heard the screen shots are amazing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum