Texas Fishing Forum

Electronics mounting help

Posted By: jjranch

Electronics mounting help - 12/06/17 12:17 AM

I have a 2015 520C ranger. I’m doing away with lowrance and going back to birds. I’ve got two 10’s coming. I’m debating whether to flush mount them or use brackets. Just curious on ideas, opinions, do’s don’t etc
I have the ranger ram mount for at the helm. The biggest thing I’m currently looking for is having the ability to leave the units on the boat, I’m tired of taking them on n off
So different mounting ideas, locks, brackets etc is the thing
Thanks
Josh
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/06/17 12:32 AM

The console unit is fine flush mounted but the one of the bow is very hard to see at some angles if flush. I leave mine on the boat and carry nondeductible theft insurance.

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/06/17 01:05 AM

What’s the best way to flush mount it?
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/06/17 03:11 AM

If you make the bow unit flush mount, an unsavory character can walk up with a screw gun, and be walking away with the entire front panel in very short order. The panel will walk with the unit still flush mounted in it. All the wiring will be cut, leaving quite an expensive repair beyond the direct loss of the unit. I consider flush-mount at the bow to be one of the LEAST secure methods of installation.

Flush mount at the console gets better if fasteners are through-bolted with nylon lock nuts behind. Removing such a panel or unit gets a lot more time consuming for a thief.

I though-bolt a RAM ball to the deck, then add four key-alike e-locks: Two on the gimbal, one on the ram mount arm, and one to lock the gimbal to the top plate.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/07/17 01:15 PM

Im a pretty big fan of the Bass Boat Technology mounts and use the locks on the graphs that replace the gimbal knobs....works very well. Can leave the graphs on the boat and they are solid as a rock, also don't interfere with traveling with the cover on.
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/07/17 08:20 PM

We use the bass boat technologies mounts slot here at the shop. There solid mounts.

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/08/17 03:55 PM

Flush mount at bow not happening!!
I’ve made a bracket, will post pictures if people would like.
Going to use locking nuts on the bolts with locktite.
Thanks for the info guys
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/08/17 09:33 PM

Thinking that anything is a permanent mount is trouble waiting to happen. If a thief wants it, he'll tear up whatever it takes. I'm not a fan of Ram Mounts, but anything is better than leaving something on the boat that cries STEAL ME. If you have a garage to store it in, that's a little better but not theft proof. We have users on here that have had stuff stolen from their garages.
Posted By: KY Skeeter Man

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/10/17 09:51 PM

Take a look at Precision Sonar mounts. Really solid and nice. Lockable too.
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/12/17 07:40 PM

Precision and bass boat technologies are both great. We use them regularly for consoles that won't fit those high dollar units or double units.

Re: Electronics mounting help - 12/12/17 11:21 PM

I have pictures of the bow mount I made. Cost me about 20min of time and $4 to make. How can I load them via iPhone?
Also, I’ll have a lot of lowrance cables, factory hds 9 g2 mounts x2, and fittings if someone is in need. I will be having it all removed shortly. I was in a time crunch to get the birds up and going is why I didn’t remove it all during installation.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum