Texas Fishing Forum

Motorguide XI5 Problems

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Motorguide XI5 Problems - 11/12/17 03:07 PM

Multiple times now I have had issues with my XI5. I operate it with a hand remote. It started with the turning being sluggish. It would either not move or turn very slow. It did it equally bad on both turn directions. I also had some issues with the prop on off command but nothing like the turn. I have had this unit since July. I replaced the remote battery hoping that was the issue. No luck. Same problem. After that I found a loose connection on the negative of one of my batteries, tightened it and it worked fine after that. Yesterday the same issue started again. Checked all my connections and they were good. I could pull the motor up into the storage position and redeploy it and it would start working properly again. Has anyone ever has issues like this? Not sure if this is an issue with the motor or the remote.
Posted By: UJC

Re: Motorguide XI5 Problems - 11/12/17 08:49 PM

The remote was my first thought as I read your topic but you've change the battery and checked connections. I suggest calling Don at Boris Marine. They are an ASC and talk with them to see if they have encountered your type of issue and what the fix was.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum