Texas Fishing Forum

Open Benefit Tournament on Whitney, October 28th

Posted By: joho5

Open Benefit Tournament on Whitney, October 28th - 10/03/17 05:54 PM

More details to come. Was really going to do this for folks I know "in my circle", but I thought I ought to post it on here.

My family (my wife, three kids, and I) host an orphan from Ukraine bi-annually. He is basically our kid now. Its a calling my wife felt a couple years ago and we acted on it, the whole time being nudged by God. Cutting out alot of details (details will be on flyer), the financial part of it is our biggest hurdle. I am a teacher and coach, which doesnt make me a millionaire, in a sense of money, and my wife stays at home with our kids. She is in the last year of finishing her bachelors, and will go to work next year b/c our youngest will be starting school.

So we are looking to host a tournament that pays out 50% (both main payout and big bass), and 50% will go toward the hosting fees.

I will update this post as I get the flyer out and detailed information.

If you have any questions, interest, or concerns...please shoot me a pm.

thanks

*** Link with information - - - Please Read!!! *** (if anything gets updated, the link will also show the update)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NrZ0G2LOSKpYARRHEQ76gfthi-elHQ4SpuyBviFsMyY/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Open Benefit Tournament on Whitney, October 28th - 10/07/17 02:42 PM

bump...we would love to have you.

Re: Open Benefit Tournament on Whitney, October 28th - 10/12/17 05:07 PM

bump...holler if you plan on coming and have any questions or concerns.

Re: Open Benefit Tournament on Whitney, October 28th - 10/17/17 03:04 PM

OK, we have decided to bump this tournament closer or to in the spring. Will update asap. Any prizes and were donated will be bumped with it. The date we were having it on was affected by a multi-club tournament. I am a coach, and a basketball coach at that and this is the only weekend I could do it this time of year until all of our tournaments are complete...so overall, its better if we move it. We will find a weekend around March thats clear and have it then.

Looking forward to it and will update this or start a new thread when details emerge.

thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum