Texas Fishing Forum

Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 08/23/17 12:33 AM

The American Cancer Society in association with the Ray Hubbard Bass Cub and Scott Gordon Outdoors will be hosting the Second Annual Fish For A Cure Benefit Tournament on Saturday October 21st on Lake Ray Hubbard. Here is the information -

• When: Saturday October 21st
• Where: Lake Ray Hubbard - Registration/Check In and drive through weigh in at Bass Pro Shops in Garland
• Fishing Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
• Entry Fee: $100.00 per boat – 2 person maximum

This Open tournament will be hosted by the great Scott Gordon. This is a benefit to raise money for the American Cancer Society of Dallas/Rockwall. We have a guaranteed first prize of $3000.00 and guaranteed big bass payout of $500.00. You can register on line by debit or credit card until October 18th at this site.

FFAC Online Registration

You can register in person the morning of the event at Bass Pro Shops in Garland starting at 5:00AM. We will accept cash, credit card or checks made out to the American Cancer Society. When you register, you can also purchase event t-shirts and raffle tickets. Those will also be available at weigh in.

ALL teams must check in at BPS the morning of the event and get their live wells checked. After you have checked in, you may trailer to a ramp of your choice, launch and go to your spot. First cast is 7:00AM. Lines out of the water at 3:00PM. You MUST be in line to weigh your fish by 4:00PM. The weigh in stage will be set up in the parking lot of Bass Pro Shops in Garland. As you enter the lot from Bass Pro Drive, the weigh in trailer/stage will be on the far right edge straight in front of you. If you are facing the store, the right side of the Bass Pro Parking lot.

We are in the process of getting our list of prizes together. If you have something you would like to donate, please contact me here via PM or e-mail to tomnali2@sbcglobal.net. A full list of prizes will be posted and updated regularly in this post. These do NOT have to be fishing related.

Sponsorship's are available for the tournament. They start as little as $250.00 and go up to $2500.00. If you are interested in sponsoring us, please contact me and I will get you a sponsorship form that details exactly what you receive for your money. A sponsorship of as little as $500.00 includes a free entry to the tournament.

Last years even was a great success for our first time out. We are looking to raise the bar this year. We need you TFF. I doubt there is anyone reading this whose life has not been touched by this terrible disease in one of its many forms. Help us stamp it out! The web site can be used for donations as well. If you cannot be there, but want to help, please contact me. My number is 817-980-0718 or you can PM or e-mail me. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: chmp186

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 08/29/17 04:27 PM

A great event for a great cause. We've all been affected, either directly or indirectly, by this horrible disease. Can't think of a better way to support the efforts to find a cure than through the sport we all enjoy so much.
Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 08/30/17 06:07 PM

Ttt
Posted By: jcartwheel

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 08/31/17 01:01 PM

Hopefully I will be participating in this one! I will try to make one of the Club's meetings before hand too!!

flag texas

slinger

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/03/17 08:54 PM

Looking forward to seeing you Jeff!
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/07/17 02:21 AM

ttt

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/11/17 06:23 PM

Sponsorship's are still available! We are still looking for prize donations! This is going to be a great day for a great cause and as you can see we have the best TD in Texas running the show. Come out and join us and let's help the American Cancer Society fight this disease!
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/12/17 08:13 PM

Had fun last year. I hope I can make it out this year.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/17/17 01:17 AM

Hoping my boat will be back in time for me to get some practice on a lake I've only been on a couple of times!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/19/17 04:10 PM

David, the fishing on Hubbard should be getting really good by tournament time! There's going to be lots of great prizes to win! Come out and have some fun and help raise money for a GREAT cause!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/20/17 11:23 AM

getting closer! looking forward to a great event for an even better cause!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/25/17 12:25 PM

We're a month away guys! Don't forget, you can register to fish with us on line! Also, if you cannot fish that day, but would like to make a donation to the American Cancer Society through Fish For A Cure, you can also do that through the web site. Just click the Get Registered or Donate button on the bottom left. We had 62 boats last year. We can do better! Come on out TFF!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/Calendar/1090859013?view=Detail&id=121985

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 09/28/17 04:43 PM

Preston Smith and the great people at Texas Nameplate are making custom measuring boards for the top three finishing teams and the big bass of the tournament! This will something you can keep forever and the boards are exceptionally accurate. Thank you Preston and Texas Nameplate!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/03/17 05:14 PM

Less than three weeks out for this great event! Come early to register and get your raffle tickets and event shirts! We had 62 boats last year. Can we make it to 80 this year? More??? Come join us!
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/03/17 07:13 PM

Paid up and can't wait!
Posted By: Skeeterhunnicutt

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/08/17 04:44 AM

Bump

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/10/17 04:20 AM

Guys, there has been a change to the location of Scott Gordon's trailer. Please check the original post as I have edited it. We will now be on the right side of the parking lot. This should make it easier for everyone! Come out and join us!
Posted By: bobrfishes

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/10/17 03:02 PM

ADDED TO
www.BASSTOURNAMENTFINDER.COM

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/10/17 07:09 PM

Thank you Bob!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/12/17 03:59 AM

Here is the current list of items donated for the drawing. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00

Kernan Custom Rod – Mike Kernan
Two sets of Cull Rings – Pro Cull Systems - Chris Atkinson
Celebration Station in Mesquite – Two day passes for the park
Three $25.00 Bass Pro Gift Cards – Brett Killingsworth
FFAC custom rod from Shamrock Rods – Kevin Smith
Cedar Creek guide Jason Barber/half day trip
Ray Hubbard Guide Johnny Procell. Half day trip
$250.00 Boat Service – Hughes Marine – Gary Hughes
Talon Lures – Tackle Packages - Andi and Ivan Sanders
Bohonk Lures – Tackle Packages – John Souhrada
Martin Pro Outdoors – Boat Service – Water Pump and Lube - Matt Martin
Belfiore Salon – Beauty Products – Tiffany Martin
JC Penney Salon – Beauty Products – Carol Manning
BM Guide Service – ½ day guide trip on Lake O' The Pines – Bret McClendon
Lake Fork Tackle – Tackle Packages – Ronnie Parker
Hydro Dynamics - Prize Package (Jack Plates) – Steve Gleen
Steve’s Custom Props – Propeller Service – Joshua Edwards
Two sets of 3 Interstate Batteries – A set includes Two trolling and one cranking battery – Kenny Bunch
TFO Rods – Fishin World
Two Yeti Ramblers - Fishin World
Illustrious Action Tackle Packs – Russell Olds/Matt Jackson
Two Concealed Carry License classes – Ammo Depot – Jason Hunnicutt
Desperados Mexican Restaurant – Two $50.00 gift cards - Jake Levy
Ballard Street Cafe – Two Gift Certificates for Two Dinners each – Kenny Bunch
Duckett Micro Guide Rod - Tommy Yates

Our featured items include:

A Roger Staubach Personally autographed Football, The ball will be autographed by Roger to the winner – JLL – Vince Burt

A Two Night Weekend stay for two at the Hyatt Regency Dallas. Dinner at either the Centennial Cafe or Parrinos Oven
and two tower passes for Reunion Tower – Brett Killingsworth

A Yeti soft side cooler - Fishin World

Original Fish For A Cure glass art piece - Pictures to come.

Thank you to everyone who has donated a prize! There may be a few more to come! You do not have to be present to win. Just come by Bass Pro on tournament day and buy some tickets. We'll get your name and number on them and call you if you win!
Posted By: James Weir

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/16/17 02:48 PM

Been itchin for some fishin. I hope to be there

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/16/17 08:30 PM

Outstanding! Hope to see you James!

Here's is what this years t-shirts will look like. They are the all polyester moisture wicking shirts so a major upgrade from last year and we went away from standard white this year. The shirts will be available for $20.00 on tournament day and we will have sizes from M - 3X!

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/17/17 07:51 AM

they'll be eating! cool weather all week, they should be hangry!
Posted By: BrianFox

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/17/17 08:25 PM

Me and Jordan Lane are in for this. We will pay morning of tourny.

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/18/17 12:47 AM

Thank you Brian! Looking forward to meeting you!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/18/17 10:13 PM

Whataburger on Bass Pro Drive is cutting us a great deal so we will have 150 breakfast tacos for participants on Saturday morning. Also, we will have coffee from Dunkin Donuts and water to drink. First come first served so get there early!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/19/17 05:37 PM

Hey folks, on line registration is closed. Thanks to those few that used it! smile Registration will now be in person only on Saturday morning starting at 5:00AM at Bass Pro in Garland.

On another note, I want to say thank you to all the Bass Clubs in North Texas that allowed me to come out and speak at their meetings to promote this event. If you are out there on Saturday representing another Club, please come and say hello and let me know what Club you are with. Looking forward to meeting you!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/20/17 02:33 PM

We have these late additions to the raffle prize list! Thank you to everyone who has contributed! If you buy raffle tickets, we have enough prizes, you're liable to win something. We will have the raffle tickets available all day. Put your name and contact number on them. You do not have to be present to win!

Rigid Industries Minn Kota Fortrex Trolling Motor LED Light - Chadd Dearen
10 certificates for 1 gallon of Outboard oil - Rockwall Marine - Tommy Yetts
Abu Garcia Volatile Rod - All Star Spinnerbait rod - Ken Starling
Three kids fishing rods/tackle packages - RHBC
Custom FFAC quilt - Brian Roether
Evergreen Rod – Fishin World – Robert Carter
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/20/17 07:41 PM

I am fired up to host this awesome event! Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Bass Pro Shops in Garland!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/20/17 07:48 PM

The best TD in Texas!

Hey folks, I have someone looking for an open back seat for the tournament tomorrow. He was set up to fish with one of our Club members who came down with pneumonia today! shocked If anyone out there can take a partner along. send me a PM or text me at 817-980-0718 and I'll get you linked up!

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/21/17 03:31 AM

Rain looks like it's going to hold off until tomorrow night! Wind is going to blow! Good luck to everyone. It's time to Fish For A Cure. See you at 5:00

Re: Second Annual Fish For A Cure Tournament - Saturday October 21 - Lake Ray Hubbard - $3000 guaranteed first prize! - 10/22/17 12:57 AM

We had 60 boats fish today. Thank you ALL for coming out to support us! Man that wind blew today and the one thing about Mother Hubbard is when she shows her nasty side, the big girls come out to play! Congrats go to the team of Steve Black and Eric Krause who weighed a great limit of 21.03 to take the win. Big bass of the event went to our second place team of Kelly Langhorne and Jeremy Collins who weighed in a 7.64 beast. Full results and pictures will be posted soon.

The most important part was thanks to all of you including our fine sponsors, we raised $28,000.00 for the American Cancer Society. I am humbled by your generosity
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum