Texas Fishing Forum

21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork

Posted By: I-N-JOY FISHING

21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 07/11/17 02:10 PM

The 21st annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament is scheduled for September 9, 2017 at Oak Ridge Marina on Lake Fork. This is a team tournament $140.00 entry fee per team. Optional big bass pot that pays two places. The proceeds from this tournament go to the Shriner's Children's Hospital. Guaranteed total payout of $10,000 in prize money. There will live entertainment starting around 10:30am, vendor booths from our sponsors, free BBQ for the fishermen. Our fishermen get free tournament t-shirts, fishing towels and other giveaways at registration while supplies last. Be sure to read rule #10 as our weigh-in procedures have changed to help address the long lines and fish health at weigh-in. DO NOT bring your fish to weigh-in until you have received an official "Mad Dog" weigh-in bag to bring them in. Fish brought to weigh-in in an unofficial bag will not be accepted. For more info and official rules www.MadDogMoore.com Hope to see you there!
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 07/15/17 10:50 PM

ttt for a great event!
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 07/17/17 09:23 AM

Is the BBQ free this year after the weigh in?

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 07/17/17 01:12 PM

Yes, the BBQ is free to the fishermen. Others attending the event are allowed to eat also. We try to make sure there is enough for the fishermen and so far we haven't run out. It is a charity event and there are donation buckets but you are in no way required to put anything in. Drinks are free also while supplies last.

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 07/21/17 06:08 PM

This year at the "Mad Dog" after the weigh-in, we will give two $500 gift cards to Bass Pro Shops away to two of the fishermen that participated in the tournament. You MUST be present to win.

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 07/26/17 01:31 PM

TTT

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/01/17 05:35 PM

Bump
Posted By: bobrfishes

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/05/17 03:03 PM

listed on
www.basstournamentfinder.com

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/09/17 04:15 PM

Just one month away! Shaping up to be a great tournament.
Posted By: dan805

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/11/17 08:23 PM

this looks like a good cause and reason for my son and I to enter out 1st tournament. As being very green and not really familiar with Lake Fork and none with tournaments; I would appreciate any basic advice.

like:
when and where is best to get the boat in the water for this tournament?

Thank you
Dan
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/12/17 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: dan805
this looks like a good cause and reason for my son and I to enter out 1st tournament. As being very green and not really familiar with Lake Fork and none with tournaments; I would appreciate any basic advice.

like:
when and where is best to get the boat in the water for this tournament?

Thank you
Dan
The tournament is going out of Oak Ridge Marina, so that will be best place for sure.. ramp is great. As far as Fork goes, fish will still be deep in a month but you can catch them shallow too. When running make sure you are running the boat lanes (they are marked with buoys). Oak Ridge is pretty central so you can go either East or West and be in good areas... be careful when getting away from boat lanes as trees show up relatively close outside the lanes. Idle only here. As far as fishing, if deep throw big cranks, spoons and jigs. Drop shot will get bit very well too. If shallow throw frogs, swim jigs, and flippin baits.
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/12/17 03:49 PM

Can I fish this solo?
Posted By: dan805

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/14/17 12:38 AM

Hi Jaguar,

much appreciate the info. As for launching at Oak Ridge Marina, I am assuming it will be very busy and crowded at the start. What would you recommend for timing to get on the water?

Thank you
dan

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/14/17 01:55 PM

I would suggest putting the boat in the water between 5 and 5:30 to be able to find a place to park and start towards your fishing spot. There is also a public boat ramp really close to Oak Ridge if you see that Oak Ridge is getting full by that time.

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/14/17 01:56 PM

Yes, you can fish solo but you still have to pay the entry for a team since its a team tournament.
Posted By: mitchell_usmc

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/21/17 05:31 AM

who can I call about this tournament. I have a few questions.

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/21/17 04:29 PM

Mitchell_usmc, I sent you a PM

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/28/17 04:29 PM

The tournament is quickly approaching (only two Saturdays away). Please do not forget to get a NEW fishing license. Most of the current ones expire August 31st. Don't want anybody to get DQ'ed for that.

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 08/31/17 03:27 PM

TTT

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 09/05/17 01:50 PM

The "Mad Dog" is this Saturday. Looks like the temps should be great. Looking forward to a great tournament, entertainment, BBQ and prizes! Hope you make plans to join!
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 09/06/17 10:06 AM

Maybe I'm just blind but was looking for the rules and hours of fishing but did not see it on the website.

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 09/06/17 02:40 PM

If you go to the website www.MadDogMoore.com and go to the tab "Entry Form" and then click on Mail-In Entry Form, it will pull up. Fishing hours are 6am-3pm. You can start weighing in a stringer at 2pm.
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: 21st Annual "Mad Dog" Moore Memorial Bass Tournament-Lake Fork - 09/07/17 01:10 AM

Preciate the info
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum