Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook

Posted By: Jeramy floyd

Benbrook - 02/22/15 03:43 PM

Anybody interested in running some working man tournaments on benbrook starting March???
Posted By: Texas Pride

Re: Benbrook - 02/22/15 07:49 PM

I tried to get something going last year with working man tournaments. The best results I got was weekend warriors. After the CAST tournament last year that lake was beat to death and I know of a lot of tournaments that are going to be held on it this year. If you do get something going with a few boats I can help out. I know of at least 10 people that fish and live in that area. If you having a hard time finding people go to the Lake Worth Working man tournaments there getting to be a good size and spread the word. With the upcoming and long standing quality of Benbrook largemouth this may take off faster than you know. Good Luck and let me know. Check out my Facebook page and see if your up to joining are club Just For Fun Bass Club.

Re: Benbrook - 02/22/15 08:53 PM

thanks hopefully somebody will get somthing going in the next couple of months!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Benbrook - 02/22/15 11:21 PM

Someone get these going. Hopefully
we can get more than 3 boats like last year.
Posted By: Spike7444

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 01:29 AM

I'm going to start one very soon I was thinking about starting it up next week or the week after hopefully. We usually run it out of the Marina but being that their is a lack of water It would have to go out of Mustang. The marina will give me their state certified scales to use. What day and time do y'all want to fish?

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 01:46 AM

I'm down for any day if u will start running them I'll be their! I'm Sure the first one or second one won't b a good turn out but if we can keep them going they will get better!!! Any day of the week works for me just pick a day and let's do it!

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 06:44 AM

Spread the word
STARTING this Wednesday February 25th at 5:00 PM or we can make it 5:30 Benbrook weekly tournament
Mustang park off of 1187
$20 entry
$10 big bass (optional)
$10 over 6lb's pot(optional)- this pot will carry over each week until a fish over 6 is brought in
5 fish limit all 14"
Dead fish is pound penalty
Must be in line to weigh by 8:00 or 8:30 we will talk about it at the ramp on WEDNESDAY before take off
Also at the ramp before take off I want to talk about what time and day of the week we need to do this thing to ensure as good as a turnout as we can get.
The reason I'm doing it this way is because I want it ran as efficiently as possible and as conveniently for everyone as possible which is why I want as much input as possible from everybody who can make it out this Wednesday. Even if it is a small turnout at first I want to make it as big as it can be and the best it can be.

If anyone wants to contact me I would rather it be over the phone at 817-648-9092 than on here so I can get back to y'all as fast as possible. You can call or text me
Thanks
Kyle Speicher

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 03:08 PM

Or we can wait till next week due to weather up to y'all
Posted By: REAL ESTATE MAN

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 04:04 PM

We will fish these. Prob won't make it this week because of the weather but will plan on next week. Glad to see someone making this happen!

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 06:38 PM

Going to go ahead and reschedule tournament number 1 to next Wednesday March 4
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 06:42 PM

Get them started up the first Wednesday
of march. It will give time to spread the word
and hopefully most of the big fronts
will he history. The only problem
is Worths working man's is on Wednesday.

Posted By: redwigglr

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 06:46 PM

I will be there. Fished them last year. Small turnouts though. Hope to see more.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 07:08 PM

I'll try to make a few of these. Have you Thought about Thursday nights if you don't get the numbers on Wednesday nights? The lake worth tournaments have been drawing good numbers for the past couple of years.

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 07:36 PM

Sounds good!! Yall thought about fishing Tuesday nights
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 08:19 PM

I would do Thursday, on Wed. your competeing with the croud on Lake Worth once they start back up. Just a thought
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 11:04 PM

I agree with Thursdays
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 11:38 PM

Thursdays for me as well, my 1st thought on Wednesday is the lw working mans....
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Benbrook - 02/23/15 11:38 PM

Thursdays for me as well, my 1st thought on Wednesday is the lw working mans....
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Benbrook - 02/24/15 12:18 AM

Jimmy are Lake worth going to start up soon? I agree if you run lake worth on wednesday move it to thursday.
Posted By: buton

Re: Benbrook - 02/24/15 04:55 AM

i might give it a try.... why dont you start the next week when the clock changes.

Re: Benbrook - 02/24/15 07:15 AM

We can do Thursdays without a problem whatever day gets the best turnout.
Posted By: srvickers

Re: Benbrook - 02/24/15 08:33 PM

I am interested if it is on Thursdays.

Re: Benbrook - 02/24/15 11:07 PM

Well next week on Thursday March 5th. I hope to see y'all there I need to donate to somebody that's for sure
Posted By: Texas Pride

Re: Benbrook - 02/25/15 04:05 AM

Working Man Tournaments stand as Tuesday - Eagle Mountain, Wednesday - Lake Worth, Thursday - Bridgeport. Yea, it would probably be better to make it Thursday since the Bridgeport Tournaments are not very popular.
Posted By: bmatthews35

Re: Benbrook - 02/25/15 06:01 AM

BRIDGEPORT, always had a pretty good turnnout. Fished some last year with 20 plus boats. They will be back up and runin after time change.

Re: Benbrook - 02/26/15 03:20 AM

Awsome glad it's gonna happen! I won't be able to make it the 5th due to work but I will be at the next one for sure!!
Posted By: PtailJohn

Re: Benbrook - 02/27/15 10:11 AM

Really should drop limit to 3. It seems to work better for this lake in the long run and it makes it a little easier for people to fill a limit. It always worked well for us in the past.

Re: Benbrook - 02/28/15 12:18 AM

I will be able to make it the 5th after all!! What time are we doing this thing 5:00?

Re: Benbrook - 02/28/15 07:54 PM

How many plan on fishing this Thursday the 5th?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum