Texas Fishing Forum

**Update** TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ

Posted By: AustinJohn

**Update** TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/13/15 08:15 PM

**************Start time is 9:00am first flight in at 4:30pm. You can put in on any ramp starting at 4am.****************

Tournament location with a map, entry forms, online registration, and rules here:

http://ttz1.com/event/ttz-trail-lbj

You can also sign up the night before or morning of the event.

Once again we will have $5000 guaranteed for first place. Big bass pays 100%, plus the Biobor bonus will carry over, so an additional $1000 for the Biobor big bass bonus. I know a lot of people were really pleased with the live online leader board. In addition to the live online updates, at this event we will also have a live video feed of the fish being weighed in as well. We hope that everybody can come out to the event, but if you can't make it please watch the weigh in live on ttz1.com. South Austin Marine will be bringing new ZX and FX Skeeters to all events for our anglers to check out and they will be there to answer any questions about the boats or financing options. Greg with Shoreline Boat and RV Repair will be on site to answer any questions you may have about boat work. We are still very happy to be sponsored by Skeeter and offer Skeeter Real Money payouts at all TTZ events that qualify. In addition to Skeeter, TTZ events are also Triton Gold certified as well as Legend Advantage certified, please make sure to go over their rules and regulations as they will differ from Skeeter.

We will polygraph winning teams, and we still have an off limits period that begins after the end of the day on the last Sunday before the event date. For this tournament the off limits will start 2/23 Monday morning at 12:00AM. Fish all day on Sunday the 22nd if you like, but by 11:59pm your boat has to be out of LBJ. On tournament day you can launch anytime after 4:00AM, and you can launch from any boat ramp, but all boats must check in for the staggered release from the Yacht Club Marina. Please keep in mind that you can not go out and graph water before the event, that is a polygraph question. You can use GPS and whatever to run from point A to point B, but no graphing of water prior to launch. You can register online at anytime, or you can register in person starting the Friday night before, from 5PM to whenever, we usually shut the books down around 10pm or so. We will also be available for early morning registration the day of the event starting at 5AM. All teams will draw a number and we will launch the boats one at a time from the marina, and as you drive by please have your livewells open, life vests on, and your kill switch attached. Tournaments start at first safe light, and the first flight of boats will be due back at 3PM. Following flights will be staggered by 15 minutes and we will tell you your check in time as your boat drives by.

We will have some sausage wraps at weigh in, Lone Star on Friday nights, and ice cold Lone Stars at the weigh-in as well. (and if I know Booker we'll probably even have some dirty burgers cooking up Friday night) We are also getting some more shirts, hoodies, koozies, and hats to sell. We will have the CC machine on site to process any CC orders. Looking forward to this one, LBJ is always a big turn out for us. I can see this one going up to 150 boats. In which case big bass would be $2500, for just one fish!!!!!
Posted By: Acuna

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/16/15 06:47 PM

Wish I could make this one, I have heard of some really big sacks coming out of LBJ recently.

TTZ throws a great party, I mean tournament. Very welcoming trail, very competitive but nobody is a di_k about it.
Posted By: Craig Cordova

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/16/15 07:58 PM

Great to see a trail have so many eligible incentive programs for the many different boat brands out there. I'm hoping to be able to get some of that Legend Advantage cash on the 28th! With TTZ's guaranteed $5000 and another $6000 for my 2014 Legend on top, ($10,000 if you have a 2015 Legend) wouldn't be a bad little pay day for a $160 entry. Hope to see everyone out!

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/16/15 09:29 PM

Make sure to register and read the Legend rules Craig, I am not as familiar with them.

Got word from Booker that we are having a big mess of gumbo and boudain on Friday night, and we will have live music with Chris Manning and his fiddle player. Not to mention plenty of lone stars and lone star lights.

http://chrismanningmusic.com/

Come join us for early check in and draw you boat number Friday night.
Posted By: Craig Cordova

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/16/15 11:03 PM

Got it all ready to go. Looking forward to the friday festivities.
Posted By: CoastalBent

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/18/15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: AustinJohn
Got word from Booker that we are having a big mess of gumbo and boudain on Friday night, and we will have live music with Chris Manning and his fiddle player. Not to mention plenty of lone stars and lone star lights.

Ummmm..... Hell yeah.

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/19/15 05:09 PM

We got the live video feed up and running last night. TTZ-TV will be streaming the weigh in live at ttz1.com, and there will be a live online leader board. I believe the TV feed will also have a scrolling bar with the current leaders in addition to the live leader board. Very exciting technology we are working with, excited to get this coverage for our anglers and sponsors. Hope you guys can make it out to the event, but if not please watch the big sacks roll in Saturday afternoon on TTZ-TV @ ttz1.com.

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/23/15 05:46 PM

Dustin and I went out on Saturday after I did the radio show to poke around and check some things out on LBJ. Those are some healthy a$$ fish on that lake right now. All the fish we caught were really chunky, most of them weighed a good half pound or more than we thought because they were so fat.

CSB time? I caught this fish in a couple feet of water, boat was sitting in 5 or 6 feet of water and this fish never came up once. It was just locked on to the bottom, pulling drag and making these hard a$$ runs. Dustin asked me, "is it a bass?" I felt that it was acting more like a trophy goo the way it was staying locked down and pulling so hard. Finally we get a glimpse of the fish and we were like holy shnikes that's a bass, still never tried to jump kept its head down pulling the whole time, until Dustin netted it. Even when it got to the surface this thing was pulling down as hard as it could. Anyway, we thought this fish was going to be a total monster they way it was pulling, it's still a nice fish, and healthy as hell. #stronglikebull

I heard of someone catching two 8s over the weekend as well on LBJ, so I am guessing there are going to be some really good sacks of fish weighed in come Saturday.

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/25/15 05:49 PM

I will have more information later but we are looking at delayed start time and pushing back the check in time as well. It' suppose to be really cold first thing that morning and we don't want any safety issues. We are doing our research now, checking all the weather sites, but this event will most likely have a delayed start time to let things warm up a bit.

We don't want anyone to have to drive in possible sleet to get to the ramp, and we don't want an icy ramp. We still want to have an event Saturday, but we are going to do it in the safest way for you guys. But don't worry, we are going to power through.

We will have some information tonight as to when we will start and end the event on Saturday.

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/26/15 10:02 PM

Start time is 9:00am first flight in at 4:30pm. You can put in on any ramp starting at 4am. Come early if using the LBJ Yacht club boat ramp, it can get busy as you guys know.
Posted By: Ride 211

Re: TTZ Trail Event, Feb 28th Lake LBJ - 02/27/15 02:45 AM

Be careful fellas
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum