Texas Fishing Forum

Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013

Posted By: crankhead

Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/15/13 06:43 PM

Click on link for full details of the tournament. Please feel free to email Steve Amburn or myself with any questions.

Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/15/13 07:54 PM

Can't believe we are only 8 weeks away from this year's event. This is going to be a great day, come on out and join in on the fun. Your support and donations for Cook Children's are greatly appreciated.
Hope to see everyone at the lake !
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/16/13 02:40 AM

What a fun tourny for a great cause! If you haven't fish this event be sure to come fish it this year!
Posted By: Bassinfool

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/16/13 12:20 PM

If I am reading this flier right, it is a kid fish and not a team adult tournament? And it is sponsored by those at the bottom of the page? Thanks

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/16/13 01:36 PM

This is a team tournament but we will also be having a free kid's tournament. The kids can fish from the dock at the marina or in the fish tank provided by Cabela's.
The names at the bottom of the page are sponsors for our event.
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. Hope you can join us for the fun!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/18/13 01:52 AM

Bump for a great event

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/19/13 07:47 PM

Bump for the weekend.
Be sure to mark your calendars and come out and join us !
Posted By: Rangerderden

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/21/13 05:41 PM

Bump for a great event!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/23/13 02:01 PM

TTT
Posted By: ConstrictorRods

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/23/13 09:23 PM

Brochures are in, if anyone needs some to pass out or place in a business please let Steve Amburn or myself know. Don't miss this event it will be the biggest bass tournament to hit the metroplex. Supporting a great cause.
Posted By: EMMIT

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/24/13 12:01 PM

what lake is it on?

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/24/13 01:42 PM

This year's tournament will be held on Eagle Mountain Lake. Headquarters will be Lake View Marina. You can click on the link shown in the original post for the event and review our tournament flyer.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/25/13 06:50 PM

Week day bump.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/29/13 08:43 PM

Guys be sure to come out an fish this great event!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/30/13 04:05 PM

Thanks for your support Dax! Look forward to seeing you and Darren at Cook Children's for the angler visit and at the tournament.
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/30/13 11:12 PM

Can't wait to see how much we raise for Cooks this year I'm glad to be a part of this event!!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 07/31/13 04:21 AM

Heather Roberts band in concert that day will be awesome. The kids fish in the lake or the Cabela's aquarium will be priceless. This is a family function guys so bring your family. You shouldn't get no grief from the wife on this one.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/03/13 12:21 AM

Weekend bump.
Be sure to come on out and join in the fun and help us raise the much needed funds for Cook Children's.
Have a great weekend everyone!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/05/13 04:34 PM

Guys be sure to come fish with us this year! This is going to be a fun event for the whole family!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/07/13 02:26 PM

Hump day bump

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/07/13 04:03 PM

Just picked up an autographed Sonny Burgess guitar, along with a few of his CD's, a cap, and two kid's shirts. These will be in our silent auction.
Come on out and join in on the fun and place your bids!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/08/13 01:09 AM

That's awesome cant wait... What a event this will be with the concert and cabelas aquariums for the kids. Hopefully Dax and I can then catch fish at eagle mt. wink

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/08/13 01:58 AM

Yea maybe we can catchem this time! Going to be a blast to be part of this event!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/08/13 02:22 AM

Hopefully they let us fish in the aquirium.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/10/13 02:25 PM

Weekend bump for great event

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/10/13 06:57 PM

We will be having a meeting with some of our sponsors on Wednesday, August 14th, 7:00 pm at Lake View Marina. If you would like to be a part of this event as a volunteer or would like to make a donation to the silent auction / raffle, please feel free to join us on Wednesday.
Your support for this cause is greatly appreciated.

Thanks .... have a great weekend!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/11/13 11:04 PM

For anyone interested in donating their time or donating items to auction or to just give a donation to Cooks Children Hospital you are welcome to join us wendsday evening at lake view marina at 630 for or final meeting on the tournament.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/13/13 10:33 PM

Tuesday bump !!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/15/13 01:00 PM

Thanks to who came to the meeting last night. I believe we got a lot covered to make this tournament a huge success.. Raffle tickets for the BIG GREEN EGG donated by Moritz Chevrolet will go on sell this next week. Make sure you get your tickets.....

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/15/13 01:09 PM

Wished I could have made it out just could get a sitter! Can't wait for this thing to get started!
Posted By: dkmore

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/16/13 01:24 AM

APT Team Trail is very excited and honored to direct this tournament. Guys, there is alot in store for this event. It is an all day family event with auction,raffles, concert, car show, karate demos, kids tournament, fish fry and alot more. We hope that all of you guys come out and fish this, as it is an awesome benefit. Bring the entire family because its gonna be a blast. Dax said he would get on stage and sing too. See ya there

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/16/13 02:43 AM

Donnie you were not supposed to let the cat out of the bag that me an jason were going to be singing!!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/16/13 03:09 AM

We are trying to get people to come.. Not run them off. Dax I want to see you dance and sing to boots with the fur.That should produce some donations.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/16/13 11:15 AM

He told me he was gonna bust out with some Thrift Shop
Posted By: Darryl Roach

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/16/13 04:41 PM

What What...... What

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/16/13 04:45 PM

Guys get it straight its going to be ice ice baby!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/18/13 12:23 AM

This is something I would pay to see!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/19/13 07:36 PM

Monday bump. PM me if anyone would like to buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win a Big Green Egg, donated by Moritz Chevrolet! All proceeds go to Cook Children's.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/21/13 12:42 PM

Guys, Another way to support Cooks is Sept. 5th at Texas Roadhouse on beach and 820 . They will contribute 10% of all their proceeds to Cooks . Please show up and support. It is from 11am to close so lunch or dinner with the family. Thanks for your help!!!!
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/21/13 05:23 PM

I have heard nothing but great things about this event! Looks like a great time!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/21/13 06:20 PM

Thanks for the kind words Rockie, we are excited !
Hope you can join us.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/21/13 11:52 PM

Yes sir Rockie,
Thank you for your support. Come out and fish with your brother. Or maybe not;)

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/23/13 07:25 PM

Bump for the weekend ...
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/26/13 01:51 AM

Sept 5 we need everyone to stop by Texas Roadhouse on beach and 820. All day they will be giving back 10% of their proceeds to Cooks Children.So stop in and mention you are there to support the cause. Thanks for your help !!!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/27/13 01:04 PM

Tuesday bump ...
Posted By: Bassgetter

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/30/13 02:45 AM

Can't wait to fish this tournament. I don't mind donating for a good cause. Hope everyone is spreading the word!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/31/13 02:50 AM

Thanks bassgetter ... See ya there

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 08/31/13 10:00 PM

The count down begins, just 2 weeks away from the tournament.
Come on out and join us at Lake View Marina. Texas Roadhouse fishing pro Mike DelVisco will be there signing autographs, along with their mascot, Andy the armadillo, Heather Roberts and the HeRo band providing live music, kids' fishing, silent auction, and more!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/02/13 11:56 PM

Silent auction items will be at bubbas back 40 beginning tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to stop by and make your bid on some great items.
Thank you
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/03/13 11:37 PM

I plan to fish this tournament with my fishing partner Steve Holtman. Sound like a fun tournament for a great cause.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/04/13 01:25 PM

Glad you are planning to join us 521 Rangerman! Thanks for your support.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/04/13 01:27 PM

Can't wait going to be a great event!
Posted By: mac3

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/04/13 06:07 PM

I'm super excited for this event. Steve and Debbie do an awesome job of getting everything put together. This event has grown bigger and better every year. I look forward to being a part of it.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/04/13 07:16 PM

Dax, Trey and Darren, thanks for everything you guys do to help us promote this event. Ya'll have supported our dream from the very beginning, doesn't get much better than that. You can't put a price on this kind of support.
How Debbie puts up with me during the months of preparation is a miracle in itself.
Jason Womack, my new partner and friend, has been totally awesome! We are proud that he has joined our Fish For Life family. Heartfelt thanks to him and everyone at Lake View Marina for all they are doing.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/04/13 08:09 PM

No problem steve this tourny means a lot to me just becasue of how close it hits home with me!
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/05/13 07:42 PM

Me and Bylor will be at this sounds like lots of fun..

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/07/13 01:45 PM

Bump for the weekend.
We are just 8 days out, be sure to come out to Bubba's Back 40 on Saturday the 14th for pre-registration and place your bid for the silent auction items!
Hope to see you at the lake on the 15th.
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/07/13 03:31 PM

Can't wait it's going to be a great weekend the highlight will be our trip to Cooks to visit the kids!!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/07/13 07:51 PM

The trip to visit the kids makes the whole event!
Posted By: Darryl Roach

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/09/13 01:33 PM

TTT

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/10/13 11:32 PM

Bump for a great event!!!!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/12/13 04:37 PM

Guys get by and register at bubbas on Saturday between 12 and 8 .. Bring you family to eat and enjoy the music and kids games. Meet the Texas Roadhouse Pro Angler Mike Delvisco after 3 oclock. Be sure to check out the silent auction while you are there.
Posted By: TxHeat

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/13/13 04:01 PM

we will be able to sign up Sunday morning right?

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/13/13 04:02 PM

Yes you can register sunday moring at lakeview!

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/13/13 06:36 PM

It's getting close to tournament time! Be sure to come out and join in on the fun.
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/13/13 07:31 PM

Is trailering allowed or do we have to launch from Lakeview. Got a headache today placing boat back on trailer due to water being so low.
Posted By: crankhead

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/14/13 01:01 AM

Don't forget Sunday is the big day!! Come out anytime.. I will be there by 5:00 am to take pics of registration & anglers taking off for a day of hard fishing! Going to be alot of things going on- "kids fishing" in tank stocked with catfish all provided by Cabelas with hourly winners from 9 am to 2 pm - face painting- karate exhibition-bounce houses-Cabelas will also be selling fried fish, chips & drink for $5 with a donation (all proceeds going to Cook Children's Medical Center-Texas Roadhouse will be there with Andy the Armadillo- a car show- live band and raffle after the weigh-in - there is a grill at the marina (Poppy's) that has good food & all kinds of drinks and most importantly AIR CONDITIONING!. So come hungry or thirsty! Bring your checkbook...You can continue to bid on silent auction items up to the weigh-in which starts at 4. Some of the many items (just to name a few) in the silent auction are 2 Thanksgiving Day Cowboys tickets WITH parking pass, a suite @ American Airlines for Dallas Stars game, guided fishing trips, a bow hunt, a BIG Green Egg courtesy of Moritz Chevrolet & Monte Coon, autographed sports memorabilia, gift certificate for European Day Spa (some of you anglers might need that after fishing all day)... There is something for everyone! You can write checks for auction items made payable to Cook Children's Medical Center which is a TAX DEDUCTION! Parking is $5 at the gate. Make sure & find me I'll be the one running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! Lakeview Marina is located at 6680 E Peden Rd, Fort Worth (817)236-4633.

Thanks to everyone for supporting our event!

Debbie Amburn

Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/14/13 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: crankhead

Don't forget Sunday is the big day!! Come out anytime.. I will be there by 5:00 am to take pics of registration & anglers taking off for a day of hard fishing! Going to be alot of things going on- "kids fishing" in tank stocked with catfish all provided by Cabelas with hourly winners from 9 am to 2 pm - face painting- karate exhibition-bounce houses-Cabelas will also be selling fried fish, chips & drink for $5 with a donation (all proceeds going to Cook Children's Medical Center-Texas Roadhouse will be there with Andy the Armadillo- a car show- live band and raffle after the weigh-in - there is a grill at the marina (Poppy's) that has good food & all kinds of drinks and most importantly AIR CONDITIONING!. So come hungry or thirsty! Bring your checkbook...You can continue to bid on silent auction items up to the weigh-in which starts at 4. Some of the many items (just to name a few) in the silent auction are 2 Thanksgiving Day Cowboys tickets WITH parking pass, a suite @ American Airlines for Dallas Stars game, guided fishing trips, a bow hunt, a BIG Green Egg courtesy of Moritz Chevrolet & Monte Coone, autographed sports memorabilia, gift certificate for European Day Spa (some of you anglers might need that after fishing all day)... There is something for everyone! You can write checks for auction items made payable to Cook Children's Medical Center which is a TAX DEDUCTION! Parking is $5 at the gate. Make sure & find me I'll be the one running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! Lakeview Marina is located at 6680 E Peden Rd, Fort Worth (817)236-4633.

Thanks to everyone for supporting our event!

Debbie Amburn

Welcome to the forum Crank!

See y'all on Sunday

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/14/13 04:30 PM

You can launch where you want but the launch is included in tournament. But we will be taking off after the national anthem and live well check. You have to check in at lakeveiw

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/16/13 10:29 PM

First things first, sorry to take so long to put anything out there about our wonderful event. I don't think I have the words to express my feelings right now. Yesterday's event coupled with our anglers' visit to the hospital on Saturday were absolutely awesome to say the least. Debbie and I are so blessed to have joined up with such caring and generous partners and sponsors for the 4th annual tournament. To all of those who joined us on Saturday, we extend our sincere THANKS! This was the first time for some of you, and the 4th time for others. Then we go to Sunday and the kid's tournament. The Donnie Moore and Darryl Roach show was outstanding to say the least. By 2:00 p.m., I don't think either one of them had a whole lot of gas left in the tank due to the kids bringing in fish to weigh every minute or so! You guys made the kids feel so good. Wish I had that on tape!
Thanks to all 29 teams who gave up their Sunday to tolerate the Texas heat and fish from daylight to 3:00 pm to help support our cause. Great group with big hearts!
This could not have happened without the efforts of so many. Cabela's, Lake View Marina, Texas Roadhouse, Poppy's, Heather Roberts and her band, Moritz, APT, Green Apple Therapy, Mr. Ken Hyde with Fishing's Future, Texas Red Hot Radio, Lone Star Marine Service, Linda London and friends with your custom cars, Fun-N-Sun, and Robert Baker with the bounce houses , civil war costumes and pictures. I sure hope I didn't 't leave anyone out, EVERYONE has a special place in our hearts.
We also want to thank all those individuals and companies who donated gifts for our raffle and silent auction and to those who simply opened up your wallets. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
Current tabulations have us at a little past $ 19,000.00! Please believe me when I say that YOU HAVE MADE A DIFFERNCE in some child's life.
God bless each and every one of you.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/16/13 11:41 PM

Thanks for putting this on, I had a great time and plan on fishing this again in the near future..Also big CUDO'S to Trey McAlpin and partner for donating half there winnings back to the charity.

Re: Cara Young Fish For Life Tournament for 2013 - 09/17/13 12:02 AM

I want to apologize as well for not getting the results up so fast. By the time I got home last night, I was completely exhausted. Steve, thanks so much for allowing myself and Darryl to conduct your weighin. We had a blast and are definitely looking to do this again next year for you guys.
as for the tournament, I think it was a great event and I believe evryone had a good time. The fish seemed to cooperate pretty good for the most part as several teams had some good bags for this time of year. Congratulations to all the winners and my hat is off to all the guys that gave a portion of your winnings back to the benefit.
1. Trey Mcalpin / Kyle Wilson 17.26 $1400
2. Paul Hudgins / Jack Gee 16.77 $700
3. John Strong / Ryan McGrail 15.09 $400
4. John Byler / Branden Hollingshead 12.60 $225
5. Steve Holtman / Tony Lumpkins 10.91 $175
6. John Staley / Jarrod Page 10.46 $150
7. Steve Lightfoot / Chuck Bratcher 10.45
8. James Barnett / Tim Walker 10.26
9. Garrick McPherson 10.12
10. Craig Workman / Chris Brandt 9.78
11. Jeff Brandon / Ron Brandon 9.49
12. Monte Coon / Gary Ables 8.19