Texas Fishing Forum

TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School

Posted By: dpd6928

TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 01/02/23 08:38 PM

Texas BASS Nation Youth/HS is finally coming to North and North East Texas at the start of the 2023-2024 school year. We are in the process of putting the division and schedule together along with sponsorships so if you know of any please point them my way. We hope to become the premiere avenue to the BASS Nation High School National Championship.

Even though only high school teams will be eligible for points towards the championships the tournaments are open to youth from 2nd to 12th grade. All teams must be part of a BASS Nation affiliated team to be eligible.

https://texasbassyouth.org/north-east-region/

Please don't hesitate to message me here with any questions.

Steven Caldwell
817-319-9239
scaldwell@texasbass.org

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 01/03/23 06:03 PM

I will be speaking at the Denton County Bass Club meeting Monday January 9th at 7pm. Shoal Creek Tavern, 1701 Shoal Creek, Highland Village, TX 75077
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 01/05/23 03:00 PM

Who do I need to speak with to form a SouthWest division?

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 01/05/23 05:41 PM

That would be fantastic!!! Nate Byerly at 409-882-1604

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 01/25/23 04:54 PM

One of the questions that keeps coming up is what lakes. We will cover from Texoma and Lewisville to Lake O the Pines and Bob Sandlin down to Cedar Creek and all other lakes around and between. Ultimately when the division gets large enough the goal is to split it up into a North Central and North East divisions. Hope that helps.

Steven Caldwell
817-319-9239

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 01/27/23 07:40 PM

I will be speaking at the Whitesboro HS meeting this Sunday January 27th at 7pm at the First United Methodist Church Whitesboro. They have graciously allowed it to be an open meeting if anyone else would like to attend and ask questions.

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 02/08/23 04:56 PM

Trying to get connected to high schools in the Tyler, Longview, Marshall and Mount Pleasant areas. Any help getting in contact with the local facilitators would be appreciated.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 02/08/23 08:11 PM

What is this going to offer that THSBA does not?

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 02/09/23 09:32 PM

They absolutely put on a good tournament and we don't really want to get into who we think is better. We want to offer an alternative or even an opportunity to fish a different style of tournament and I'm sure there will be kids that want to fish both. Some kids will like ours better and some will like others better. Part of it will be what the kids want to get out of the tournament. For one, if the kids want to work their way to the BASS youth National Championships then we will be the path, we are BASS. I'd be glad to discuss it further if you want to call me.

Some things about BASS Nation Youth is we will have a safe light organized numbered take-off in the morning. We will be writing checks right there after weigh-in. Since non of us are employees and are all volunteers then more money just goes back to the kids including sponsorship monies. I am a tournament fisherman and I observed how the SE BASS Nation Youth tournament was ran and was extremely impressed. I am a boat captain in different HS tournaments and am very familiar with how well they are run also.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 02/17/23 07:03 PM

National Championship doesn't really interest us - been there, done that, was not impressed.
But, options are always good to have. Will be looking at the schedule when it comes out.

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 02/21/23 11:14 PM

Texas Bass Nation Youth Youtube channel and video...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsuHw2Z4itk

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 03/06/23 05:20 PM

Texas BASS Nation Youth/High School will have a booth at the National Fishing Expo coming up at the Will Rogers Memorial Center on March 17-19. Come see us.

https://www.nationalfishingexpos.com/exhibitors

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 03/17/23 03:01 PM

Here is the tentative schedule for 2023-2024 school year. Dates and lakes are subject to change.

Sunday, Oct 8th Lewisville

Saturday, Nov 18th Lake O the Pines

Saturday, Dec 9th Texoma

Saturday, Feb 10th Cedar Creek

Saturday, March 23rd Bob Sandlin

Saturday, April 27th TBA (Championship)

Come see us this weekend March 17-19 at the National Fishing Expo at Will Roger Memorial Center.

Re: TX BASS Nation North/East Youth/High School - 04/19/23 12:41 AM

Here is the updated 2023-2024 school year tournament schedule. The locations are subject to change but are set for right now.

Sunday, Oct 8th,2023 Lewisville City of Lewisville/Lake Park

Saturday, Nov 18th, 2023 Lake O the Pines Alley Creek Park

Saturday, Dec 9th, 2023 Texoma Dam Site Park

Saturday, Feb 10th, 2024 Cedar Creek Tom Finley Park

Saturday, March 23rd, 2024 Bob Sandlin Titus County Ramp 1

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 TBD

Please remember the Texas BASS Nation Youth State Championship is still an OPEN and will be held at Cedar Creek June 9 & 10th, 2023. Great sponsors have donated a lot of $$$$ for this event that will be going to the kids. Here's a link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/TexasE...exasBassNation2023YouthStateChampionship

Here's the link to the youtube video of last year's championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXlenVcURM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum