Texas Fishing Forum

LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT

Posted By: PaulMatthew

LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/23/21 04:31 PM

I moved from Arkansas to Texas for work/met my wife, and I use to fish in mini-tournaments in Arkansas. I am now settled and purchased my Skeeter, but now looking for a club or tournament circuit to have fun with. I know some require you to meet so many times to discuss club info, but my work doesn't allow for that, I work long hours M-F.

I have a friend thats a co-angler and he is ready to join as well. I am in East texas, so does anyone know much about Media-bass? or any other bass clubs in the east texas area? Just looking for info, and opinions. I haven't fished competitively in 15 years, alot has changed!!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/23/21 05:28 PM

Cowboy church bass club. We meet at the lake and then fish and have weigh in. WE have 20 to 30 per tournament and it is a $60 tournament fee. We fish all over East Texas and we have a championship every year.. Here is a link if interested. http://cowboychurchbassclub.org/
Cowboy church bass club first tournament is Feb 27th on Lake Athens.

Media is a good trail. Cost more than a club and they are run very well.. I ran media Northeast division for a year ( did not continue because my son was fishing highschool). They fish East Texas lakes only usually Bob Sandling, Cypress Springs and LOP... They just increased some of their entry fee's this year. Media has already had one tournament this season .. http://mediabass.com/2k12/

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/25/21 01:00 AM

Well thanks for the info, not that I don't or wouldn't go to church, but do they require you to go to so many meetings and etc? Or go to so many church services? How are details of where the weigh ins take place and other communications?

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/25/21 01:23 AM

Also i'm looking ahead at Athens lake, looks to be a slot lake, which ive never fished in my life in Arkansas, so I take it you CAN weigh in 14 in or smaller since thats what the slot calls for? Just making sure I'm understanding the rules.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/25/21 06:53 PM

Check out poormans. 1st tournament this Saturday at Welsh

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/25/21 08:48 PM

I try to go to their website, but it looks like it must be down? Anyone know membership details and rules?
Posted By: tinmar

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/26/21 06:22 AM

Try Texas poorman's on facebook. Sorry the website is no longer available, to.much spam

Entry is 70 per tournament and 25 per person for annual membership

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/26/21 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by PaulMatthew
Well thanks for the info, not that I don't or wouldn't go to church, but do they require you to go to so many meetings and etc? Or go to so many church services? How are details of where the weigh ins take place and other communications?

We have a short meeting right after weigh in when we announce the winners and pass out money if you won. WE don't require anyone to go to church.. We are a 3 fish live weigh in. The one thing I like about the club everything is done saturday the day of the tournaments for meetings and such.

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/26/21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by PaulMatthew
Also i'm looking ahead at Athens lake, looks to be a slot lake, which ive never fished in my life in Arkansas, so I take it you CAN weigh in 14 in or smaller since thats what the slot calls for? Just making sure I'm understanding the rules.

We are a 3 fish limit so if you catch an over you can have one over and two unders per boat. The slot is 14 to 21 inches..
Posted By: jrlure

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/27/21 12:22 AM

Is this a team or individual tournament.
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: LOOKING FOR A BASS CLUB/TOURNAMENT CASUAL CIRCUIT - 01/28/21 01:07 AM

Fun n sun couples, would love to have you
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum