Texas Fishing Forum

2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 UPDATED

Posted By: PEDRO H.

2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 UPDATED - 10/08/18 11:55 AM

I know it's way early.
I just wanted to get this on the board now.

Last year I had this tournament with great success! and you guys made some families very happy come Christmas morning.

This year I have decided to put this tournament on to benefit the Texas Pythian Home of Weatherford, Texas.
this Organization Houses Kids ranging in ages from Three to Fourteen. they are licensed by the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services as a basic child care facility for sixty-two children. Most of the Kids come from various family backgrounds. While working on getting the kids back home, The families remain part of the kids life while they are staying at the home. https://www.pythianhome.org/Home_Page.html

Every Christmas most of the kids are allowed to return home for the holidays. Most of these kids come from Low income homes and the family struggles to make ends meet especially during the holidays.

I will have a list of food items that are easy to prepare. so that if the anglers want to they can bring food to the registration to donate. The staff at the Pythian Home puts together a care package to send home with each child so that the family can have a good Christmas dinner.

I'm trying to guarantee the Payout for the top three spots so that all the entries can go to the Pythian home to help with their financial needs, since they are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

100$ ENTRY

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING A RESERVATION AND PAYING THE 30$ BOAT RAMP FEE.
https://www.luminant.com/squaw-creek-park/reservations/

THIS IS A TEAM OR INDIVIDUAL TOURNAMENT

LAKE: SQUAW CREEK

FIRST CAST: WHEN THEY RELEASE US FROM MARINA AND YOU GET TO YOUR SPOT

LAST CAST: AT 2:00PM

SCALES WILL CLOSE AT 3:00PM. SO IF YOU ARE IN LINE WITH YOUR FISH AT 3:OOPM WE WILL WEIGH IN YOUR FISH. IF YOU SHOW UP AFTER 3:00PM YOU WILL NOT GET TO WEIGH IN YOUR FISH.

5 FISH LIMIT 14" ON ALL FISH.

NO CULLING OF DEAD FISH

.50 POUND DEAD FISH PENALTY

All TPWD RULES APPLY

I AM ONLY PAYING OUT 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD IF I GET ENOUGH SPONSORSHIP.

AS OF RIGHT NOW I HAVE TWO SPONSORS FOR A TOTAL OF 1000.00$ FOR THE PAYOUT POT.

I HAVE A 500$ BIG BASS SPONSOR.

I'm still trying to get some more sponsors for the payout.

Food donations will be accepted at the Tackle Depot Location in Weatherford.
Along with food you are more than welcome to donate new unwrapped toys for the kids.

Tackle Depot
1234 Mineral Wells Hwy
Weatherford, Tx. 76086

Phone: 817-594-2248

I will post updates on Payout when I get more sponsors.

Posted By: WAWI

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/08/18 08:05 PM

I see myself fishing this one

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/09/18 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
I see myself fishing this one

I think y'all made out pretty good last year if I remember correctly

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/22/18 05:22 PM

TTT
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/22/18 07:02 PM

how bout some rule for this one

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/22/18 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Butch @Hubbard creek
how bout some rule for this one

Here you go Bud
Posted By: lunker777

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/22/18 11:54 PM

Kim and I will be there to fish and help with whatever you need from us.
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/23/18 01:04 AM

Johnny Walker and Terry Smith will be there. Thank you for putting this on. It’s a great time to give back.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 10/29/18 06:18 PM

TTT come out saturday and fish with us.
If you can not make it, then come out Sunday the 2nd and fish the

BABA ( Boyd Area Buyers Association)tournament https://www.facebook.com/events/247937032550144/

Good Group of People running it.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/08/18 12:30 PM

TTT
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/16/18 01:32 AM

Great cause!!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/19/18 02:36 AM

Great time to come out
Even if you don’t want to fish we will make sure donations go to the Pythian home

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/26/18 12:43 PM

Pay out is UPDATED. I had some generous donations from some very good people.

1ST Place- $1000.00
2ND Place- $700.00
3RD Place- $300.00

Big Bass- $500.00

I would Like to Say a Huge Thank You to
the sponsors who made the payout possible so we can donate all entries to the Pythian home kids.

Tackle Depot Lisa Bailey
TTO Team Trail Outdoors
Fayette Williams
Slocum Air Conditioning of Weatherford.
And the Person thats has helped me in the past that wants to remain anonymous Thank you all so much!

Please remember to bring some easy to prepare food items and or new unwrapped toys.
Thank you all so very much! I know we will have a great turnout for these kids.
Posted By: watermelonred1

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/27/18 10:48 PM

What time will you stop taking money at the bathrooms?
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/28/18 02:29 AM

Are you only paying 3 spots regardless of entries? Also, what is the percentage payback? Totally get that it’s a benefit tournament. Just curious. Kevin and I are debating fishing the tournament instead of just practicing for Fish-N-Chips

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/28/18 10:27 PM

Yes Coy,

sorry I forgot to post that with the breakdown.

I'm only paying 3 spot regardless of entries.

I only got $2000.00 in sponsor money for the Pay out and a separate cash donation of $500.00 for big bass.
I like to guarantee pay out / Big Bass so the entries go to the said charity.

I did the same thing last year and it worked out well.

the percentage breakdown is:
1st 50%
2nd 35%
3rd 15%

1st $1000.00 (50% of $2000.00)
2nd $700.00 (35% of $2000.00)
3rd $300.00 (15% of $2000.00)
TOTAL payout for three places
=
$2000.000

not a bad pay out in my opinion for only have to shell out $50 each for a tournament if you are fishing as a team.

EVERY entry is going back to the Pyhtian Home I'll be posting an update.

EVERY dollar from sponsors is going back to the Fisherman.

I take a ZERO cut of the money.
I donate my time.

I do this with any tournament I run.
I do not see the need to pay myself for something I enjoy doing.

Come out and fish with us since you will be there anyway and make a kids Christmas a good one.
I'm still taking Donations if Renown Construction is wanting to donate something to the Kids or the Payout.
we are also taking food items and toys that will go directly to the Pythian Home in Weatherford.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/28/18 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by watermelonred1
What time will you stop taking money at the bathrooms?

I will be at the bathrooms from 4:45 Am until i feel like there will be no more boats fishing the tournament. I'm not fishing this event just running it.
Posted By: watermelonred1

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/28/18 10:59 PM

We are planning on fishing your tournament but we wont roll in to the park until around 7.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/28/18 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by watermelonred1
We are planning on fishing your tournament but we wont roll in to the park until around 7.

I’ll be there
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/28/18 11:48 PM

Hey Pete,
Ken & I plan on fishing the tournament and bringing some food donations for a great cause.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by 521Rangerman
Hey Pete,
Ken & I plan on fishing the tournament and bringing some food donations for a great cause.

Awesome Tony see y’all there! and thanks!

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 02:05 AM

I don’t think we’re going to fish the event, but where is the list of food. I’m sure I can bring something to add to the pile.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by CoyAintNoGoldFish
I don’t think we’re going to fish the event, but where is the list of food. I’m sure I can bring something to add to the pile.

Hate to here that Coy, you guys are sticks out there. I Hope it’s not the payout keeping y’all from fishing it?
I hope y’all change your minds, we would love to have y’all fish with us.
Just bring anything that’s easy to prepare. Can goods or dry goods will be appreciated.
Posted By: jbw3

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 02:18 PM

dang...looks like the lake is completely booked already.

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 02:52 PM

That’s not it at all! We just need to focus on practice. We’ll are gonna try some off the wall stuff that probably won’t work anyway haha!

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by CoyAintNoGoldFish
That’s not it at all! We just need to focus on practice. We’ll are gonna try some off the wall stuff that probably won’t work anyway haha!

I’ve fished with y’all long enough to know
Y’all will do good.
Be safe
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 05:22 PM

Do you have the food list yet?

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 11/29/18 08:52 PM

Here Is a list.

Ham-Money/ Gift Card
Sweet potatoes- Can
Stuffing Box or Bag
Broth- Can or Bag
Potatoes-Instant
Bisquick
Gravy Mix
Fried Onion Strings
Cream of Mushroom soup
Cranberry sauce-Can
Bottled Syrup
Cake Mix - box
Green beans -can
Corn-Can
Frosting Cam
Pie Filling
Fruit - Can

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 12/02/18 02:20 AM

Had a great turn out thanks to all the people who showed up and fished the tournament.
We had 39 teams fish!
First place was 19 and change
Second place was 15.18
And we had a tie for third place with 14.63.

Big bass was 4 and change.

I’ll post names when I get home .

We raised close to $4,300.00 for the Pythian Home!!
Without you this could not of been possible !
We had some good donations of food and toys too.

I’ll do this tournament again next year.

I cannot express how much I appreciate everyone who showed up and fished and to my friends and family who helped put this tournament on!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: 2nd Annual Tackle Depot of Weatherford "Fill The Boat" tournament Squaw Creek Dec. 1st, 2018 - 12/02/18 03:24 AM

Very nice Pete. Sorry I couldn't make it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum