Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 02:43 AM

SHAZAM
Posted By: O da Pines

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 03:07 AM

That Lop is on the KYKX tournament
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 04:38 AM

Early Feb on Cedar Creek again... They don't learn. I'll be with RHBC that day somewhere that fishes better. smile Should be at the other three
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 12:16 PM

Ray Roberts is in "East Texas" ???? noidea
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Early Feb on Cedar Creek again... They don't learn

Hmmm that's a not so attractive schedule, completely agree!
Posted By: R_L

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 06:03 PM

Where else do you want to go in February? All the area lakes are tough in winter/early spring other than maybe Palestine. If I had a complaint, it would be taking this division back to Toledo after having the lowest turnout by far this year. Ray Roberts got in this year because a lot of the guys that fish the division live in the DFW area and they will travel to the east Texas lakes.

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: R_L
Where else do you want to go in February? All the area lakes are tough in winter/early spring other than maybe Palestine. If I had a complaint, it would be taking this division back to Toledo after having the lowest turnout by far this year. Ray Roberts got in this year because a lot of the guys that fish the division live in the DFW area and they will travel to the east Texas lakes.

Palestine or Bob Sandlin both fish far better in February than CC
Posted By: SC-001

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Early Feb on Cedar Creek again... They don't learn. I'll be with RHBC that day somewhere that fishes better. smile Should be at the other three
Yep, move CC back to where it was mad & no RC again...
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/25/18 10:06 PM

popcorn2 Always love to see all the complaining when the new schedules come out.
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/26/18 01:44 AM

Where do you get the most participation and by the way Have no fight in this, just asking because of all the complaining about the schedule.

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/27/18 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: NITRO Z8
Where do you get the most participation and by the way Have no fight in this, just asking because of all the complaining about the schedule.

Palestine usually. LOP is always well attended as well. I participate and pay my money so I have a right to complain a bit. We have fished Cedar Creek in February twice. The fishing has been terrible both times. There are better places to fish that time of year. For next year, since the Championship will be on the same weekend (tentatively) as next years FFAC, my participation will be with my Club first and ABA second. I will fish them when I can, and yes I will complain about Ray Roberts because it is my kryptonite... roflmao
Posted By: Lewis Ville

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/27/18 10:28 PM

I would consider fishing them unless the above post is true about LOP being the same weekend as the radio big bass tournament. I avoid those events. Hopefully, they weren’t aware of that and will make that change. Nowadays with so many events, it’s hard to schedule around each one but I would avoid scheduling on top of the bigger events if possible.

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/27/18 11:31 PM

I think Chris (TD) is running at least 4 divisions right now. I couldn't imagine trying to please and schedule around another events. He will make an adjustment (maybe) if need be.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/28/18 12:16 AM

Cedar creek is a dump in Feb but I might have to try this series out
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/28/18 12:21 AM

When does registration open for these?

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/28/18 12:22 AM

I think next week. Check there web site.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/28/18 03:31 AM

I am guessing no more Central Texas region ??
Cant find any info.

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/28/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing
Cant find any info.
This post is referring to the Open series. You are talking about dvision 52 the draw trail, http://www.drawtrail.com/flier/D52.pdf

They should just call it the IH-35 division, I liked the schedule 2 years ago better.

11/3/18 Waco
12/1/18 Stillhouse
1/5/19 Belton
2/2/19 Waco
3/3/19 Stillhouse
4/6/19 Belton

5/18/19 Stillhouse/Belton

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/28/18 11:30 PM

Cant find any info.
There was not enough interest/entries to justify.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 09/29/18 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Legend LE-195
Cant find any info.
This post is referring to the Open series. You are talking about dvision 52 the draw trail, http://www.drawtrail.com/flier/D52.pdf

They should just call it the IH-35 division, I liked the schedule 2 years ago better.

11/3/18 Waco
12/1/18 Stillhouse
1/5/19 Belton
2/2/19 Waco
3/3/19 Stillhouse
4/6/19 Belton

5/18/19 Stillhouse/Belton

Thank you for the info.

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 01/23/19 08:21 PM

Just checked their website, title sponsor is now Bass Pro shops when did that happen shocked , nice! Maybe start fishing these again next year if they can get their schedule like it used to be thumb
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 01/23/19 08:51 PM

It is not easy putting a fishing schedule together in Texas, it takes a lot of planning and looking at other schedules as to try not to double up on the same lakes and trying to get better participation for each event. The state is flooded with big and small tourneys, not all schedules will make everyone happy. I would like to suggest that instead of venting on this public site that maybe you could send the TD a email as to what your thoughts would be to help him out. Yes there are other lakes that are better in February to fish than Cedar Creek and some that are worse. You can call Chris Wayand TD of the open series at 256-230-5627 with any concerns. I like Texoma, Lewisville, Moss, and Grapevine in the winter, but that is this guys opinion. Good luck and good fishing.

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 01/24/19 05:17 PM

Skeeter Man, I and others have talked to Chris about this numerous times. I like Chris and think he does a good job on this series, but scheduling is not a strong point. I have noticed that they switched Pines and Ray Roberts so they are now on Roberts in May. When the schedule came out with Roberts in September, you could hear the groans from the crowd... At least they fixed that. For those interested

https://www.americanbassanglers.com...=&Month=&Date=&Search=Search

Re: 2019 ABA Open Series Area 6 Schedule Announced - 01/28/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Skeeter Man, I and others have talked to Chris about this numerous times. I like Chris and think he does a good job on this series, but scheduling is not a strong point. I have noticed that they switched Pines and Ray Roberts so they are now on Roberts in May. When the schedule came out with Roberts in September, you could hear the groans from the crowd... At least they fixed that. For those interested

https://www.americanbassanglers.com...=&Month=&Date=&Search=Search

I agree, I liked the schedules better when Porter ran it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum