Texas Fishing Forum

OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again

Posted By: mbarker68x

OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/02/17 09:51 PM

Well, just a update from a forum member. I have moved again for good this time. Still have my house on the market in Killeen, but it's on the market again since the finance fell thru on the buyer 3 days s before closing. Any way I left Tx Monday at Noon. Drove thru the night and arrived in Blacksburg Tuesday afternoon. Unloaded and started setting up shop. I had several phone interviews in the past few weeks. On Thursday I had a in person interview with Orvis Service Center in Roanoke. Thursday afternoon received a job offer for them as one of there maintenance technicians. Of course I accepted and will start next week after my background check clears. Friday I went to the DMV and picked up my Drivers license, $71 dollars today and I have my freshwater fishing liscene. So I can legally fish for anything that swims in freshwater anywhere I. The state. National forest, state land, public land etc.....the kicker was the additional trout license to fish stocked waters. All is well, and hoping to hit the water somewhere tomorrow and Monday.
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/03/17 01:52 AM

cheers Congrats on the new job. Looking forward to reading about your adventures in VA waters.
Posted By: keebranch

Re: OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/05/17 05:54 PM

Hey Mike
go check out the upper SNP and target native brookies with anything pink. I'd like to see some photos of those little guys.

Les

Re: OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/06/17 09:00 PM

I start work on Friday morning, but have plans tomorrow to hit up Little Stony Creek . It's a native brookie stream, with stocked rainbows in the 70's that have stayed over and are reproducing. 20 miles from the house. It's not SNP but it will do for now, lol
Posted By: kaboboom

Re: OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/06/17 09:27 PM

The South Holston is about three hours away. Nice river...best to track releases before heading there
Posted By: Dylinapickl15

Re: OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/08/17 03:49 AM

If you live that close to the New River and don't fly fish for smallmouth, I'm not sure what you're doing with your life.

Re: OR transplant via,s. Korea, NC, Germany, VA, TX, Honduras, Co, TX, and VA again - 09/08/17 09:23 AM

I hit the New River the other day. Managed a few smaller small mouth! Still working around the house and start working at Orvis in a couple hours now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum