Texas Fishing Forum

Well thought I was doing good with almost 2 ft cutthroats. But Mateo and I topped off the week on striper run and 4ft fish!

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Well thought I was doing good with almost 2 ft cutthroats. But Mateo and I topped off the week on striper run and 4ft fish! - 07/24/17 04:22 AM

Well I am back to work tomorrow. Mateo couldn't make the run to Colorado so we hit the striper and sandbass on a twilight run. Starting right at dark it was fast and doubled up. What a way to end the week. We are pullin them in when Mateos reel starts screaming. We watch blind as the fish flipped out of the water in the night air. At first we thought giant lmb as the fish gets close we kick on the head lamps. All 4 ft of gar goes past us we got the fish close to being beached several times. Every time it got close gone again we finally wipped the beast Mateo said his fish of the year!!! What a way to top off the week.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Well thought I was doing good with almost 2 ft cutthroats. But Mateo and I topped off the week on striper run and 4ft fish! - 07/24/17 04:24 AM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum