Texas Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Only Bass Tournament July 8

Posted By: Lloyd5

Fly Fishing Only Bass Tournament July 8 - 06/27/17 03:44 PM

I do realize that there is a place to post tournaments - but how many fly fishermen regularly check that? Fly fishing only tournaments, especially for bass are pretty rare in my experience. So...I'm posting here where fly fishermen regularly gather. Just in case anyone wants in:

July 8 from 6am to 2pm.

Register now at https://ianglertournament.com/node/1969

This is below Lake Whitney, above Waco. About a mile below the FM 2214 Bridge.

NOTE: Added on June 27 - Okay folks, the flows below Whitney have been very unpredictable lately. One day they are down below 100cfs and the next they might be at 3800cfs. Because of that I am going to change things up a bit with the boundaries. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY the boundaries for Saturday July 8th will be as follows: FISHABLE WATER will be defined as any moving water source within a 50 mile radius of Spivey Crossing RV. That means that you can fish the Brazos River, the Nolan River or any of the creeks that feed either of those rivers. ALSO, please make sure that you check in at the Tournament HQ on Friday evening or Saturday morning prior to the start of the tournament and pay your $55 tournament entry fee. The IDENTIFIER for the tournament will be given out on Saturday morning.
Posted By: Lloyd5

Re: Fly Fishing Only Bass Tournament July 8 - 06/28/17 02:10 AM

This just added by the tournament director:

Okay folks, the flows below Whitney have been very unpredictable lately. One day they are down below 100cfs and the next they might be at 3800cfs. Because of that I am going to change things up a bit with the boundaries. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY the boundaries for Saturday July 8th will be as follows: FISHABLE WATER will be defined as any moving water source within a 50 mile radius of Spivey Crossing RV. That means that you can fish the Brazos River, the Nolan River or any of the creeks that feed either of those rivers. ALSO, please make sure that you check in at the Tournament HQ on Friday evening or Saturday morning prior to the start of the tournament and pay your $55 tournament entry fee. The IDENTIFIER for the tournament will be given out on Saturday morning.
Posted By: Trout Bum

Re: Fly Fishing Only Bass Tournament July 8 - 06/29/17 12:55 AM

will be a great tournament. The more the merrier!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum