Texas Fishing Forum

Post From The Coast - West Bay

Posted By: FishyB

Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/07/15 07:06 PM

Howdy all.

Just uploaded a blog post from this past weekend's trip to the coast, West Bay to be exact. I would love to say that there were many big fish caught on the fly, but I would be telling a fish tale, lol. Anyway, check it out if you like!

https://bassknucklesfishing.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/galveston-west-bay-one-of-many-trips-to-come/

Just did a quick video, https://youtu.be/1xn2Vckwy14

Tight lines.
FishyB
Posted By: Coolshot

Re: Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/07/15 07:19 PM

Nice weekend either way!! Water cooled off quick

Re: Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/07/15 08:04 PM

It actually seemed like the water even drop temps between Friday and Saturday, it was strange. It was a great trip. Looking forward to going again and taking the kayaks.
Posted By: MGStrong

Re: Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/07/15 08:37 PM

Even though I got skunked, gave the guys a humorous show getting stuck up to my knees in muck and twisting my ankle before the first cast...it was still a really good time.

I blame the flies for not catching any fish. roflmao
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/08/15 11:49 AM

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/09/15 02:15 AM

Brent, nice video and report, I took my grandson back to PK at highway 16 for the trout 101 but did not catch any trout, tried briefly for striper and caught one small mouth bass. Had a good outing with my grandson though.

Re: Post From The Coast - West Bay - 12/09/15 12:57 PM

Howdy Eric,

You did the best thing ever, made memories with your grandson and got a line wet! Not sure how this weekend is going to shape up regarding a kitchen pass but I would like to get out there on Saturday and see if we can't get the stripers again.

Thank you on the video, just not much in the way of fish action unfortunately. Really could have used the kayaks!

Tight Lines!
Brent
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum