Texas Fishing Forum

Lower Mountian Fork Foundation

Posted By: Texomasooner

Lower Mountian Fork Foundation - 02/26/15 02:02 AM

I've been reading here on tff for about 3 years now and I've never noticed anything being said about the LMF Foundation. I did see yesterday somebody talking about the mystery tournament but that's the first I've noticed.. I was watching the video on here with with the guys from Texarkana and the fly shop crew and heard mention of the Foundation. I found the Foundation website and joined as a family. I felt like by not giving the State of Oklahoma license money every year because I'm a lifetime license holder this could be a great way to give a little back to fishery I frequent. I support the local businesses up there for everything I need for the trips to support the area in general. I was very impressed with the new gravel this summer at the evening hole and found out it was the Foundation that was responsible for it. I urge you guys to check it out. Even if you buy a license every year those dollars are spread out across the entire state and not just the LMF.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Lower Mountian Fork Foundation - 02/26/15 12:41 PM

Mr. Jim Kelly came to speak to our club. That is when I learned about it (last year). They do care a lot about that river and the fish. Most of those Brooder fish come from them....they purchase each one of them. Without them we would just be targeting 12-13" stockers. IMO. They are the voice of the fisherman and have the will and way to get things done.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

http://lmfrfoundation.org/
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Lower Mountian Fork Foundation - 02/26/15 02:46 PM

The LMFRF does a lot for the fishery and for the people who frequent it. They are the driving force behind several improvement projects (Gravel, evening hole, lost creek) and support several other non-profit organizations. The Mystery Fly is one of the biggest fundraisers. I hope the weather cooperates at least a little.

I joined in 2014. I knew of the work they did with the Brown Trout, the brooders, and the bugs. I look forward to helping out in any way I can in 2015.

The ODWC and the LMFRF butt heads occasionally, but I urge you to support the foundation in any way you can. They are the PRIMARY reason the LMF is a great year-round fishery.
Posted By: Chatterbait

Re: Lower Mountian Fork Foundation - 02/27/15 02:11 PM

My fishing buddy Dan and I are Life members #3 and #4. This organization has done a lot of good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum