Texas Fishing Forum

Fly Line Discussion at FWFF Meeting on Tuesday, Mar 3

Posted By: RexW

Fly Line Discussion at FWFF Meeting on Tuesday, Mar 3 - 02/23/15 03:03 AM

Hello Everyone, this is an invitation to join me at the next Fort Worth Fly Fisher’s meeting on Tuesday, March 3 at 7:00. I will be discussing Fly Lines during this meeting.

Have you noticed how many fly line options are available these days? hmmm

Fly fishing catalogs have multiple pages of fly lines listed. The fly line options include floating, sinking, weight forward, double taper, level lines, silk lines, species specific tapers, textured surfaces, extra heavy tapers, shooting heads, running lines, integrated shooting heads, sinking tips, Spey, Skagit, Sandi, switch, cold water, tropical, distance tapers, indicator, presentation lines, and the list goes on and on…

So, where do you start when you’re looking for a new fly line and how do you sort through all of these line options?

I will be discussing fly lines at the next Fort Worth Fly Fisher’s meeting. We’ll talk about what some of these terms mean and we’ll discuss how to match your fly line choice to the fishing conditions.

The meeting will be Tuesday, March 3, at 7:00 pm in room 2-114 of the DD Byers Building, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth‎, Texas.

Everyone is welcome at this meeting. Please consider this your personal invitation to join me at the next Forth Worth Fly Fishers meeting. laugh

Posted By: zulo

Re: Fly Line Discussion at FWFF Meeting on Tuesday, Mar 3 - 02/24/15 01:31 AM

Thanks Rex for doing your presentation @ Fort Worth Fly Fishers club
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Fly Line Discussion at FWFF Meeting on Tuesday, Mar 3 - 02/24/15 05:32 PM

I recommend this one. If you're new to fly fishing, gear and which line to select can be mind boggling, but Rex will be presenting these options so they make sense...I'll be there.

Les
Posted By: RexW

Re: Fly Line Discussion at FWFF Meeting on Tuesday, Mar 3 - 03/02/15 12:46 AM

Hello Everyone, this presentation contains range of information and there is something in there for all skill levels.

Come join me at the FWFF'ers meeting this Tuesday!
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Fly Line Discussion at FWFF Meeting on Tuesday, Mar 3 - 03/02/15 01:26 AM

I will check my schedule, not able to make a decision yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum