Texas Fishing Forum

Guided Trip Partner

Posted By: LostDakotan

Guided Trip Partner - 02/15/15 02:39 AM

I have this weekend and the next weekend before I leave Texas. I was thinking about hiring the fly fishing guide on Lake Texoma if available, but he has not returned my call yet. The price for two guys is the same as one, so I am offering someone of like mind a favor to fish at a discounted cost. I am stationed in Wichita Falls and would be willing to share my ride too. I realize this is short notice, so am very aware that all the factors just may not line up to make this work. Weather is a thing and the guide may be busy. Just seeing if somebody nearby would be interested. If I had all my gear here, I'd just find a campground and rent a boat. I prefer to fly fish but just may just do something else if need to be. No worries though. I'd ask to split the deposit just to be safe.

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/15/15 06:42 PM

I talked to the guide on Texoma. He is open for next Sunday. Cost would be 250$ each, food included. Weather is an issue but if it is safe, fish are being caught. This time of year the fish tend to be bigger, but fewer in number.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/15/15 08:54 PM

Great offer I already have a trip I'm on next weekend. Hope somebody takes you up on it.
Posted By: bikedog

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/15/15 11:48 PM

Which guide are you going with?
Posted By: I fish, therefore I am

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 12:58 AM

Dakotan send me a PM I may take u up on that offer.

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 01:53 AM

http://www.flywaterangling.com/
Captain Steve Hollensend

He is the only full time fly fishing guide on the lake, mainly targets striped bass. He returned my call and seemed like a nice guy.
I will send you a pm "I fish". I am glad you have taken interest. Thankyou

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 02:40 AM

LMK if still open. I may be interested. Haven't fished with Steve this year. Great guide, casting instructor and all around guy. THX

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 02:59 AM

I sent a pm to you "I fish". I meant to send it right away but had some other calls. We will talk about it and if you are still interested, great.

Bikedog, glad to hear you have good things to say. I have caught a couple of stripers in Boston while in the Navy and am excited to do it again. Distance casting and hitting a target is half the fun for me.

Where are going Robert Hunter next weekend?

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 03:02 AM

Texoma is an awesome striper fishery. If it is open I would be interested. Steve is a truly wonderful guide and you will catch fish, probably big right now, and learn a ton.

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 03:19 AM

Duly noted Bikedog and thankyou.

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/16/15 03:14 PM

Bikedog, are you still interested? You asked questions first, but Ifish pmed me. PM sent.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Guided Trip Partner - 02/17/15 06:35 AM

I will be on the Sabine after three pound sandbass my self. You know it's weird I have pics when I was in diapers with a fishing pole. I have never been on a guided trip. Over the years I have self explored some of the greatest fishing spots across the US and remember no poor trips the good always out weigh. I look forward to hearing how y'all's trip turns out I've read good things about the guide you have picked. I've often thought about guiding myself at times( my family has really pushed it)but I'd be adding work to one of the things I enjoy most in the world. so I don't know adds another dimension of just being on the river with the group of guys and fishing. It is big fish season on big tex right now and with them raising the limit on small fish they are getting bigger all the time y'all should have a great time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum