Texas Fishing Forum

Today was WAY better than last Wednesday.

Posted By: Turf Dawg

Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/08/14 11:11 PM

Today I woke up, gave my wife a kiss and told her happy 26th anniversary.

Last Wednesday around 11am I was laying in my moms driveway praying and hoping the ambulance would get there in a hurry.
When they got there they put me in the back, hooked me up and then told me what I figured was happening [but hated to hear at age 47] that I was having a massive heart attack and they were going to try and get me to Denton as fast as they could.
Well, praise to the Lord we made it to Denton Regional and they were all ready waiting. I remember some that was going on but what I remember the most was the Dr talking to me and my chest not hurting anymore. He said I had 100% blockage of the left anterior descending coronary artery but was able to get a stent in. They say it will be a couple of weeks before we will know how much of that heart area is dead and how much will come back.

Thanks to the grace of God and many prayers I feel lucky and pretty good a week later.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 01:32 AM

WOW! So glad your ok dawg. I'm 47 also and that scare's the begeebees out of me. Prayers for a full recovery and take care of yourself ( there is still a lot of fishing to do yet ).
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 01:41 AM

That's so scary! Hope you get better soon, and my best wishes.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 02:23 AM

Glad the good Lord took care of a good man. Best wishes and a quick recovery.
Posted By: RexW

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 03:04 AM

I'm glad you are OK.
Posted By: HMK

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 05:27 AM

oh my Gosh!!! I've been in the middle of a move and hadn't been on here for a few days. I'm so thankful you are ok. It sucks that you had a Heart Attack though. I'm 50 and it scares me to death!

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 07:14 AM

Thanks everyone!
Yes,very hard to believe I was at the lake Texoma thing Saturday getting to meet some of you and then in the ICU a few days later.
Like the old saying goes though, "if you want to make God laugh just tell him YOUR plans for the future".
Posted By: jboy

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 12:48 PM

First of all Dowg Im glad your OK. 4 years ago I had 5 bypass. Couldnt yell loud enough to my friends about you have to take care of yourselves. It dont hurt to get checked!! 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital my beat friend Larry died of a massive heart attack.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/09/14 01:10 PM

Will be praying for your complete recovery. Always know that the good lord has control! angel2
Posted By: keebranch

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/10/14 09:55 PM

Turf,
God loves fishermen!
Glad you're doing better

Les
Posted By: HAWK84

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/10/14 11:35 PM

Glad you are safe and recovering. I am 49 just getting to the point where I kiss the clock every morning I wake up. I wish you many years of life and of course TIGHT LINES!
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/11/14 12:06 AM

Turf Dawg very glad to hear you are ok, guess you were lucky and were given a warning.
Make the best of it. Like you said do God's will not your own. All the best for the future.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/11/14 12:16 AM

Hang tough and have a good recovery..God Bless our doctors and well wishes to you
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/11/14 05:05 PM

Wow! Just saw this! Glad to hear that the recovery is going well. As others have said, there's a lot more fishing to be done.

Kirk

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/11/14 06:56 PM

Thanks for all the prayers, wishes and kind words. I have been under strict restrictions but Tuesday when I go back I'm going to see if he will let me go fishing some.

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/16/14 11:06 PM

Hey Buddy, you haven't posted in a few days. Hope you're doing well.

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/17/14 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: HMK
Hey Buddy, you haven't posted in a few days. Hope you're doing well.

Feeling pretty good.
Went to the Dr Tuesday afternoon and they did a EKG and said my heart rhythm was good so they are taking me off of the med for that. Next week I should start therapy to see how my heart is going to do under a load and try to get it stronger. In late Nov [around Thanksgiving] I will go back for a Echo and he said at that time they should be able to tell how much is dead and not coming back and how much was just injured and will recover with time.

Now the good, He said I could go fishing just not to over do it. My daughters took me out Thursday afternoon for a couple hours and my daughters boyfriend took me out yesterday for a bit in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I run out of energy real fast but man does it feel good getting out. I just wish the fish would cooperate more.

Hope all of you have a great and safe weekend.

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/17/14 03:26 PM

Thanks for the update!

I'm so very thankful you are doing ok. Hopefully, your heart will recover and you will be good as new. I'll sure keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

on another note,

I finally got moved. it's nice to be out of the apartment and into a house. It's going to take awhile to get all the honey do's accomplished, but I'm sure it will all get done at some point. I haven't been able to ty any, but I have my stuff where I can get to it. Since we only moved about a mile from where we were, I didn't pack my tying gear. I simply loaded the plastic bins in the back seat and took them to the spare bedroom of the new house. Smart huh? I knew if it got packed, I wouldn't be having any fun till next year!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/17/14 04:15 PM

Take it easy means fishing with a minnow/worm and bobber. Not thrashing around a fly rod for 3 hours, LOL!!!

Thanks for the update, hope the recovery progresses quickly.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/17/14 05:53 PM

Good to hear you are getting better. Take plenty, plenty rest first. Don't try to hurry up doing heavy duty stuffs. Take good care of yourself.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/17/14 10:30 PM

Glad to hear everything is going well.
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/18/14 04:05 AM

That's good news. Fishing is good for the soul, so it must be good for the heart.
It sounds like you're taking it easy and doing what the doc says.
Glad to hear things are getting better.

Kirk
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/18/14 07:00 AM

Wow just saw this I know we have had coraspondence but have never meet glad it looks good so far! Like it has been stated we are out of controls but still a lot of tight lines to come. If you were me you would have already convinced the little lady that 200 days on the water and in the fields last year just wasn't enough bolt bananaglad your ok! Hitting 35 really trying to think about that stuff especially what has been in my family.
Posted By: jonbo

Re: Today was WAY better than last Wednesday. - 10/21/14 11:42 PM

Get better TurfDog. You have a lot more fishing to do!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum