Texas Fishing Forum

Smallmouth from this morning.

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Smallmouth from this morning. - 07/16/14 01:29 AM

Well I set out for schooling bass this morning and that I found. I also found an amazing July morning in Texas nice breeze all morning and temps never really got too hot with the breeze. The fish started pushing bait balls to the surface at around ten o'clock sadly this morning the bait fish were a bit scattered and there were small schools spread out all over. The magoraty of fish they are pushing are inland silversides as well as year of shad around half an inch long perfect of the long rod. You can run a big spook or other larger top water bait right through the middle of them and they won't pay it any attention as what they are feeding on is way smaller match the hatch. Small size six clouser is all it took catching large and smallmouth six inches under the surface in 50 fow. Seeing as they wouldn't stay up long today it was a waiting game wait for them to surface and hit the tm on high get a few cast in and drift and wait do the next action. Some days I have ha fish stay up for 5-10 min here before going down but hey I'll take what I can get the schools today contained fish from 2.5-4 pounds so nothing big and nothing small great way to spend the day. I don't really take many pictures of largemouths under seven pounds anymore but here is a shot of a nice small mouth from this morning what a fight smallmouths are the hit like a freight train. Anyway I'll be back at work for a few days can't get back on the water till Sunday but this should tide me over lol.
Posted By: Capt. Brendan

Re: Smallmouth from this morning. - 07/16/14 02:38 AM

Nice Smallmouth! Where was this at?
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Smallmouth from this morning. - 07/16/14 02:59 AM

sweet.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Smallmouth from this morning. - 07/16/14 03:09 AM

Nice one!
Posted By: RonL

Re: Smallmouth from this morning. - 07/16/14 03:12 AM

Congratulations ! Nice size SM . I wish I had that in my fry pan wink !
Posted By: Derek Stansell

Re: Smallmouth from this morning. - 07/16/14 08:17 AM

Nice
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum