Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for 8wt

Posted By: BoPro

Looking for 8wt - 03/10/14 09:11 PM

Buddy wants to buy mine, so I in market for another 8wt. My budget is $400 give or take depending on the rod and condition. Would like to find a used Sage XP, Z-Axis, Xi3, Xi2, TCX, TCR or comparable rods. Yes, I'm a Sage fan, but would consider other brands.
Posted By: zulo

Re: Looking for 8wt - 03/11/14 11:46 PM

Try to cast TFO BVK and compare with Sage.. You will be pleased ..

I love my BVK, I use it for saltwater..
Posted By: BoPro

Re: Looking for 8wt - 03/13/14 12:34 AM

Yea... I had a 8wt BVK. It was a nice rod. But, unfortunately it broke twice on me. Once on a backcast, and then on a 2 lb bass after the replacement. All rods break, but it a month span, it kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. No doubt though. Awesome rod to cast, and great company. I am looking for something with a little more back bone. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: Wacobassbugger

Re: Looking for 8wt - 03/13/14 12:36 AM

try a TFO Mangrove
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Looking for 8wt - 03/13/14 02:43 AM

Your rods breaking was just a fluke. I hooked a tarpon around 70lbs with my 8wt tfo and it held up fine. I have 4 and have only broke one by smacking it with a heavy fly. I cast a mangrove the other day and I loved it. I also love my axiom. Cast those two and see how you like them, plus if they do break you'll have your replacement back on your doorstep in a week, unlike sage where it takes months
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum