Texas Fishing Forum

Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks.

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks. - 10/10/13 01:56 AM

Well my buddy and I caught a bunch of small and largemouth bass today. I was going to bow hunt this evening so wanted to stay around his place so I didn't have to drive back. So I figured we would play golf this afternoon in between. They couldn't get us a teatime for about 40 minutes so I told him I would help him trim some limbs that had been rubbing his shingles. He had borrowed a 40 ft extendable ladder to do it. He is 67 so I got up to the top of the second story with a ten foot chainsaw. As I got situated the latch broke free it started sliding down and excelerating like a roller coaster. The ladder was over his compost bin and had 4 t post sticking up about 5 feet. I had no intention of getting skewered so I rode it out to the end of the roof. I pushed off slightly to avoid them and extended to land feet first and roll back as the top section of the ladder reached the lower one the steps matched up and caught my heel and caused me to over rotate slightly and caused me to land on my arm. It emediatly started swelling dramatically his wife said go to the hospital now but we tie the sections together so they couldn't come apart and tied my buddy off and got the limbs trimmed. I told the nurse I needed to be in my deer starn in an hour and if they couldn't get it functional to just cut it off and put a hook on it so I could shoot my bow. They got a good laugh out of it. Broke the radial right at the wrist and pinched the radial nerve have to see ortho in five days after swelling down. Hope I don't end up needing pins in it. At least I cast with the left hand and should be able to strip line with my fingers lol. But bow season apears to be over. We did at least catch over thirty bass with multiple smallmouth. I'm sure not going to let it stop me:)
Posted By: wyliecoyote

Re: Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks. - 10/10/13 12:30 PM

That's what happen when you try to do chores around the house. I am going to use this the next time my wife asks me to do something.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks. - 10/10/13 08:24 PM

I have some tree branches starting to rub on the second story house gutters. Can you come over and cut them back for me. My wife would appreciate it. We could go fishing afterwards.

I hope you heal soon. You may have to invest in a Tenkara rod so you don't have to mess with stripping line.
Posted By: Mateo Clemente

Re: Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks. - 10/10/13 09:15 PM

You looked like you were in a bit of pain up at the office today. Surprised you went in.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks. - 10/11/13 02:01 AM

When you have the keys there is not an option of going in lol. It hurt so bad made me nauseous but got out an hour early at least. Yea if I didn't help him I knew he would have been up there by his self and we still got the job done. I still plan on hitting the browns on the white in a few weeks lol.
Posted By: corskier

Re: Caught a bunch of bass today before my fishing was ruined for a few weeks. - 10/11/13 03:15 AM

That's a bummer. I had pins put in my right wrist several years back. Not fun, but you'll learn to do a lot of stuff left handed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum