Texas Fishing Forum

More luck at Rowlett Creek

Posted By: ccabal

More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/26/03 03:55 AM

Fished at Rowlett Creek at the gunrange today for about an hour from 5:15 to about 6:15. The fish were much more cooperative today! Caught about 9 sand bass, mostly 10-11 inch range. Will have to tie some more clousers as my white and chartreuse clouser was worn down.

------------------
A good rule to live by is to "Never Let Work Interfere with Fishing!"

-Christian
Posted By: rrhyne56

Re: More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/27/03 05:28 PM

good for you Christian! A worn out fly is a thing of beauty!

------------------
RRhyne56, Flyfishing Warden
northtexasonthefly@attbi.com
http://www.robinscustomfliesandleaders.com
Posted By: rrhyne56

Re: More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/27/03 09:27 PM

how big a clouser were you throwing?

------------------
RRhyne56, Flyfishing Warden
rrhyne56@attbi.com
Robins Custom Flies and Leaders

Re: More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/28/03 09:49 PM

I made a some clousers about 1 1/2 inch long. They are white/chartreuse with some flash, and pretty sparse. I used a tiny split-shot for the eyes. Not the prettiest thing for sure as I am a beginner fly tier. I have made some before with bead chain eyes, but I wanted a little more weight to get then down in the fast currents.
Posted By: wwest

Re: More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/29/03 09:28 PM

Is there any other more upstream access to RC other than that parking place off of Centerville Road or the jump the curb spot just south of the creek - got a parking ticket there last thursday and the parking lot on Centerville is a long trek to get upstream.

------------------
Will
Gig 'Em Ags '79 '81

Re: More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/29/03 10:18 PM

I usually park at Pleasant Valley over past the Gunrange. (Coming from west Garland, I take Buckingham, going past 78, until it hits Pleasant Valley. I turn left there and go north on it. It becomes a 2-lane road. Go past some a wooded area with a gunrange on the right side. When you pass a small bridge, look for an area you can park at on the left side, right past an intersection with another road. (forgot name) That area is Sachse, and they arent quite as anal about parking, I've heard. The creek is a few minutes walk from the parking area.
Posted By: wwest

Re: More luck at Rowlett Creek - 03/29/03 10:58 PM

Thanks CCabal. I'm going to spin up a few more small clousers and give it a try next week, probably Wed or Fri, early am.

------------------
Will
Gig 'Em Ags '79 '81
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum