Texas Fishing Forum

Simms Freestone Boots

Posted By: TexKan

Simms Freestone Boots - 04/25/12 01:53 AM

One pair of new (unused) Simms Freestone boots w/tags, felt soles, size 11. $65 TYD. Send pm if interested.

Posted By: troutwilliams

Re: Simms Freestone Boots - 04/29/12 05:18 PM

I didn't know Simms still made the Freestone with felt soles. I thought they were all Vibram.

Posted By: kentuckytroutbum

Re: Simms Freestone Boots - 04/29/12 05:53 PM

Simms had stopped, but earlier this year they announced that Simms would re-introduce their felt soled boots. Guess they decided that they were not going to get caught up in all this craziness about felt vs. sticky rubber, and that the consumer demand was still there for felt. I applaud their decision, IMHO.

Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Simms Freestone Boots - 04/29/12 11:47 PM

Oh, they got caught up in it alright ... then realized they had hitched their wagon to the wrong material ... and are now fully back into felt. Generally, they expect people to match the boot to the bottom they will be on. Plenty of places we go don't need felt to stick.

Posted By: TexKan

Re: Simms Freestone Boots - 05/02/12 01:01 AM

The Simms Freestone Boots I'm selling have been sitting in my closet for 2 - 3 years. Job demands don't leave time to get out to the Rocky Mountains anymore and figured some that does could get use out of them. They remain unused and for sale.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum