Texas Fishing Forum

Jose Wejebe Gone...

Posted By: Fly Rod Yakker

Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/07/12 01:52 AM

Spanish Fly host Jose Wejebe was killed in a Florida plane crash.

Rest in peace Jose. Prayers to his friends and family.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/apr/06/plane-crash-reported-everglades-city/

Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/07/12 03:26 AM

That's a shame, I enjoyed his shows.

Posted By: RexW

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/07/12 03:32 AM

That is sad.

Posted By: Retired Guy

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/07/12 04:48 AM

What a tragic loss. I have been watching his show for years. He will be greatly missed. Rest in peace Jose.

Posted By: Txredraider

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/07/12 12:14 PM

From watching his show he certainly looked like someone who had a great mental attitude and attacked life with gusto. Didn't he do quite a bit of charity work too?

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/07/12 05:11 PM

I heard about it this morning....very sad. He was one of my favorite fishing TV personalities. And he was BY FAR my favorite fly fishing guy to watch.

I have been watching his shows for well over 10 years. I will miss him. Rest in peace Jose...

Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/09/12 01:05 AM

Another huge loss to the fly fishing community.

Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/11/12 03:08 AM

Remind me not to ever build my own kit plane.

Posted By: Doublehaul

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/14/12 01:35 AM

I just watched the tribute show episode of "Spanish Fly". I feel like I have been to a funeral-a close friend's funeral. The guy had an amazing life and was an amazing character. He will be missed.

Posted By: Retired Guy

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/14/12 10:16 AM

It was a nice tribute to Jose, I just wish it had been a full hour long program. The show will air again on Saturday and Sunday. Check my post in Saltwater Fly Fishing Fourm for the times.

Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Jose Wejebe Gone... - 04/14/12 02:29 PM

He was a special guy. I know he is gone to soon, but look at the legacy he left behind. He accomplished more in his short time on Earth than most will even if they live to be 100. Robert Earl Keen said it best, " It all comes down to living fast or dying slow, Which way you gonna go."

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum