Texas Fishing Forum

Please Tell Me....

Posted By: Txredraider

Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 01:09 AM

...that someone went out and flung a fly to fully realize the glorious weather we had today.

Posted By: mbarker68x

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 01:36 AM

Headed to the city park. There are 2 ponds one small and the other rather large. Fished the small one first. weapon of choice was the TFO Pro 2wt, BVK reel and Clortland 444 Clear Creek WF3F line, a foam monstrosity and a little maraboo streamer. The bass hit the streamer and the gills were hitting the foam bug. While fishing, in the smaller pond noticed a Giant Koi. The thing must have been at least 30" long. Sight casted to it several times, all I got was a couple of looks.At the larger pond I only took one picture it was a gill or baby bass on everycast. All fish cought on the little steramer. All said and done I must have cought 30 or 40 fish.

Posted By: flyfshrgrl

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 02:02 AM

Nice fish, MB68. Love those Bluegill and Redears! LMB is a prretty boy, too.

Alright TX RR, where did you fish?

Here's my little contribution--

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 02:40 AM

Well earlier today I fished in this beaut of a stream just this side of the Hard Rock Candy Mountain. You wouldn't think that a 14lb bass could live in a lake of stew and whisky* too, but they were in there and they were bitin'. Right about then my cell phone rang and I had to come back to reality.

However, just now, I went fishing with (to quote the illustrious Mr. Glazener) our good internet friend who I've never met mbarker68x. He was kind enough to invite us all along and share the bounty of his catch. From my perspective, his loops were all tight, his casts accurate, and his hooksets perfect in intensity and timing. My viewing of his little outing was not marred by ducks, snakes, or disc golfers. I'm appreciative to him for having invited us along on his adventure.

*Although most accepted lyrics spell it to indicate Irish or Bourbon whiskey, it was my imaginary lake and I went with Scotch.

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 02:41 AM

For some reason, I missed your pictures, flyfishgrl. Any day that includes a greenie can't be all bad. smile

Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 03:10 AM

... as I drove across the concrete structure that is Braes Bayou several times that past couple days I thought about fishing (it is known for really exotic stuff) but my business was at the best damn hospital in the whole world and the whole world is represented there, yesterday I was in waiting room with a Traditional Hasidic Jew & today with a an Arab Muslim, now where do you see that ? MD Anderson Cancer center is where. I am now a 5 year survivor of cancer. (now if I could get my damn shoulder fixed) sorry to hi-jack but a couple people on here still like me (I think) who_knows

Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 03:18 AM

Nope, I slept so I could work all night tonight!!! coffee

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 03:23 AM

I'm still a fan, dude. You keep on survivin', we've got fishin' to do.

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 03:29 AM

Oh yeah, we still like you Mike. cheers
Is there something we don't know that might change our minds? hmmm

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 03:32 AM

Careful, Mike, this sounds like one of those good cop/bad cop deals I seen on the Tee Vee. Lawyer up!

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Rev TCF

not really, I'm the same idiot as always...I got dogpiled by a bunch of folks last week for pointing out that a jig is not a fly (just cause you cast something with a fly rod, it doesnt make it a fly)

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass BugŪ
Originally Posted By: Rev TCF

not really, I'm the same idiot as always...I got dogpiled by a bunch of folks last week for pointing out that a jig is not a fly (just cause you cast something with a fly rod, it doesnt make it a fly)

So, my Cap Spiders are not flies?

Posted By: Trout Bum

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 11:52 AM

oh great, here we go again frown

Posted By: sexycarpenter

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 12:11 PM

I am now a 5 year survivor of cancer. (now if I could get my damn shoulder fixed) sorry to hi-jack but a couple people on here still like me (I think) who_knows

Oh i like your sarcastic, call you out on the carpet style and I like that you're a 5 year survivor!! Keep it up.

Posted By: George Glazener

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 01:17 PM

... as I drove across the concrete structure that is Braes Bayou several times that past couple days I thought about fishing (it is known for really exotic stuff) but my business was at the best damn hospital in the whole world and the whole world is represented there, yesterday I was in waiting room with a Traditional Hasidic Jew & today with a an Arab Muslim, now where do you see that ? MD Anderson Cancer center is where. I am now a 5 year survivor of cancer. (now if I could get my damn shoulder fixed) sorry to hi-jack but a couple people on here still like me (I think) who_knows
I love 'ya man - keep fighting that demon cancer!!!!!!
I HATE CANCER!!!

Posted By: mbarker68x

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/28/12 11:07 PM

round #2 before the rain today.

Posted By: scooter aggie

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/29/12 03:59 PM

Good evening from Istanbul! You fellas(and gal) are making me quite jealous, keep it up! I am glad the fly section is back to having pictures of nontrout fish (although I was guilty of posting some). I would pay $100 to chase 4 inch greenies on my 3wt right now. Mr Bug, you have contributed a ton to this little part of the web, I wouldnt have it any other way.

For me the only thing I have managed to catch was the tiny cup of strongass turkish coffee the nice coffee lady brought me. Keep the fishing reports/pics/stories/and BS coming folks. It helps working stiffs such as myself get through a few long days on the road.

Cheers!

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/30/12 02:45 AM

Istam-where? Is that up near the Red someplace? smile

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/30/12 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Txredraider
Istam-where? Is that up near the Red someplace? smile

Posted By: JoeTaylor

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 03/31/12 02:50 AM

banana banana banana banana banana banana banana ^^^

Posted By: scooter aggie

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 04/01/12 08:30 PM

After 19 hours of travel and 8 time zones, I finally got to enjoy some of this beautiful weather I was only able to read about last week. Had some time this morning so decided to hang out at one of our local ditches. It was a delightful morning. Also, BB, I am impressed by the breadth of your musical tastes, didnt figure you for a we might be giants fan.

Had a couple bassies early.

And then more than my fair share of little greenies and baby bass. I love the reckless abandon the greenies have when attacking a fly.

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 04/01/12 08:38 PM

Welcome home, mister. Ponder this: there are some folks who travel that far to fish and don't do half as well.

I too am a member of the cult of greenie admirers. I hope to someday find a location to fish for them where they strike that delicate balance between big greenies and overpopulation.

Nice bass too!

Posted By: Don Morey

Re: Please Tell Me.... - 04/14/12 07:30 PM

nice pics

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum