Texas Fishing Forum

Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders?

Posted By: buck52

Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/13/10 06:47 PM

Okay I searched and didn't see any info figured the experts would be in this forum. So where is the best place price wise to buy some Neoprene chest waders? My old creek waders are just to far gone to repair. Any good deals out there. Thanks in advance everyone.
Posted By: AKGuide

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/13/10 08:05 PM

Ok, I have to ask (sometimes I learn by asking questions) as while I know they still manufacture neoprene waders, is there a specific reason or application that requires you to wear neoprene? Have you considered or tried the breathable waders? They are significantly more comfortable then neoprene and without that o-so-clammy feeling you can get in Neo's.

But then you might have that excellent reason for wanting Neo's down in the warmer climates ... that I have forgotten about living way up in the great white North of Alaska ;o)

Posted By: deckhand*

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/13/10 11:54 PM

Not sure why you would need neos. in Texas. I use breathable year round. One other good source for info on neo. waders would be on the sister site to the TFF known as the Texas Hunting Forum. Lots of folks there use neo. waders.
Posted By: BHR

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 12:16 AM

Academy has sock foot and booted neo's at decent prices. Like the other responses, I'd ask why, unless duck hunting in cold (but not really) water or something else requires you wear them.

Breathable are the way to go.....

BHR
Posted By: JET4

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 01:25 AM

here

Some good deals here thumb
Posted By: 2FlyFish4

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 02:39 AM

I have never understood why every thinks breathables are the way to go. I guess they are if you fishing the coast or in any weather above 50 degrees.

The best system IMHO is 5mm neo waders and wear some gortex pants or bibs underneath them. This let's them breath like breathable waders and has the warmth of neo waders. But only really need this system if your fishing below 30 degrees.

Posted By: deckhand*

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 03:18 AM

I must be hot blooded. Noe. makes me sweat like horse in July chasing strays. Once the sweat starts to roll down my (...) crack I know my feet will be swimming in sweat soon and cold.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 03:22 AM

I thought I was gonna die,

then I bought neoprene waders with insulated boots.

What you need really depends on what you do. If you're gonna stand family jewels-deep in 45 degree water for 4 hours being absolutely still with air temps in the 30's hoping to shoot a duck in the face, breathables are your enemy.

If your idea of fun is sprinting across a flat in March trying to catch up with a school of roving redfish, you'll probably die in neoprenes.

I think waders are like boats, you just can't have too many different kinds.
Posted By: Txredraider

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: deckhand*
I must be hot blooded. Noe. makes me sweat like horse in July chasing strays. Once the sweat starts to roll down my (...) crack I know my feet will be swimming in sweat soon and cold.

I'll have to vouch for DH's warm blooded nature, at least from a distance. On a day when the rest of us were questioning our sanity in the near-freezing mid-January rain, he go so stinking hot he jumped completely out of the boat to cool off. Once he swam around in the 42 degree water for a little while he seemed content to get back in the boat. It might be glandular. smile
Posted By: buck52

Re: Best place for buying Neoprene chest waders? - 03/14/10 05:44 AM

Thanks for all the ideas guys, and yes I do duck hunt in my waders, not sure why I have never tried the breathable style. Just have always used neoprene and they have served me well no big issues. I have never had a big issues with them being clammy or anything like that, but I don't wear them much in the summer if at all. TxRedRaider, now that's funny, sounds like you needed a video camera LOL. Thanks Jet4
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum