Texas Fishing Forum

Bugmeister

Posted By: rrhyne56

Bugmeister - 06/10/08 09:15 AM

Troutbum mentioned this pattern and gave a rave review of it's effectiveness. So here's a link to a recipe and an invite to start some fly-talk.

Orvis Site Bugmeister Recipe
Posted By: Trout Bum

Re: Bugmeister - 06/10/08 08:25 PM

Oh baby, I just want to eat it!!!

Re: Bugmeister - 06/10/08 09:22 PM

Channeling bir brownie? Or perhaps Wilbur ?
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Bugmeister - 06/11/08 10:41 AM

Hey, it's yet ANOTHER PMX!!!!

Re: Bugmeister - 06/11/08 06:44 PM

Met a guy fishing out of a yak, on the brazos today. Asked him how was the fishing, and what was he using. He said good on hoppers. He says hoppers, I say Bugmeister!!! Immediately started catching fish. Small bass, and gills. Pitched the fly back in between some big boulders, and wham. Big smallmouth!! several nice leaps, great fight. Pulled her out to the center of the river, landed her, took a few photos, and off she went for another day. Few more bass, spots, and blacks, ate the bugmeister, before I threw the last one in the tops of a tree. It was time to quit anyway.
Great day on the river, with my favorite fly!!
Later, troutbum

Re: Bugmeister - 06/11/08 06:50 PM

Oh yeah!

Re: Bugmeister - 06/15/08 06:38 PM

Today I tied some bugmeisters with foam. will last longer, float better, and should still catch a boatload of bass. I may try to make it look a little more lifelike, but let's see how they work first.
troutbum

Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Bugmeister - 06/15/08 09:57 PM

Best I can tell that bass is a hybrid spotted/smallmouth those lines on the belly don't belong on a pure smallmouth...

Re: Bugmeister - 06/16/08 10:17 AM

Russell

That is a nice tie. I like the simplicity. Hope it fishes well, looks like it ought to.

Re: Bugmeister - 06/18/08 12:17 AM

well robin, i was concerned that the fly did not look very life-like. the fish answered that qustion for me. i guess i better go tie some more. if gills, long ears, and bass like the bugmeister tied that way so much, i will bet that the trout will like it, too.

robin, the creek ought to look real familiar, too.
later, troutbum

Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Bugmeister - 06/18/08 10:50 AM

Posted By: mickfly

Re: Bugmeister - 06/18/08 11:48 AM

Re: Bugmeister - 06/18/08 08:02 PM

Mick, I must have missed something?? I realize that my pics are too big. I am having difficulty resizing the photos. Apparently it is not working. If someone could help me with this, I would gladly fix the problem. I enjoy posting, and visiting with fellow club members, and have met many talented, and enjoyable partners to fish with. I am not a computer buff, but enjoy sharing my stories with others. This year has been the most enjoyable for me as an angler, and have had many unebelieveable experiences so far this year. Like being able to fish with Jim Teeny for 2 days. And for sharing shore lunches with many of you, of whom I met from this site. Fishing with Keebranch, meeting Hook, Line, and Sinker on the brazos. Like Mick. Sharing stories with Robin. Isn't what this forum is all about?? I will try to fix the problem, but it may take a while.
troutbum

Re: Bugmeister - 06/18/08 09:12 PM

Dave

I'm sorry that you feel that way. This is, in my opinion, about sharing what we enjoy, our passion for angling.

troutbum

I can assist with re-sizing if you like. Give me a shout if it's something you are interested in.

Thanks for sharing your fishing experiences with us.

Re: Bugmeister - 06/18/08 11:29 PM

no problem robin. may i call you in the am?? pm me your #.

Re: Bugmeister - 06/19/08 12:21 AM

is this any better on the resizing of my pics???
hope so!!

Posted By: kelkay

Re: Bugmeister - 06/19/08 02:10 AM

beautiful fish...I like pictures...small or big...I like them...enlarging them helps with i.d. of a fish I think...anyway...I use Flickr for my photos. I select the med size photo, and it seems to work perfectly. It is a little bigger than yours, but not huge. I have no problem with photos of fish....

Re: Bugmeister - 06/19/08 09:07 AM

another attempt at resizing, but done a different way, sorry, just trying to please a few.

Re: Bugmeister - 06/19/08 10:11 AM

Looks fine to me. When the same quantity of data is made smaller it's all the more rich and crisp.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Bugmeister - 06/19/08 10:29 AM

Russ,
Keep them coming.
They are very inspiring to those of us who have to work for a living. :-)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum