Texas Fishing Forum

Llano river

Posted By: Gtxflyangler

Llano river - 05/26/23 04:54 AM

With the Maxdale bridge closed (so I've been told) anyone have a new access point? Haven't been out there except for getting in at the bridge.

Happy angling.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Llano river - 05/26/23 12:22 PM

I don't know what part of the LLano River Maxdale bridge is on, but I've fished the Llano and there was no shortage of access points. Could you pinpoint the area?

Re: Llano river - 05/26/23 05:06 PM

Sorry, for some reason Lampasas was changed to Llano. It's the bridge over the Lampasas River. My apologies.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Llano river - 05/27/23 02:36 PM

Aha! I don't think I've fished that one, so I can't help you there. Aaron Reed published a book a few years ago, Fly Fishing Austin & Central Texas, or something similar, that gave access points as well as local knowledge on many of the creeks and rivers in that region of Texas. It had a section on the Lampasas River that you'd find helpful.

Re: Llano river - 05/28/23 07:56 PM

The book mentions the bridge, but no new access. I only found out about the bridge access being closed as I was planning a trip with a buddy that lives in Killeen. He doesn't know where the new access is either. I appreciate the feedback. Hope you have a safe and happy memorial day!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum