Posted By: bschat

Hill county trip - 10/12/22 06:21 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fished the Nueces River this weekend with a lot of small bass and sunfish. Put the Moonshine rival in 5wt with a Reddington Zero to use on the stretch of river. Did lose a good bass due to user error, let it get deep in an undercut bank with a lot of current. Managed to get the Rio Grande Cichlid knocked of the fly rod list. A mini red fish on crack was the ticket. Both in olive and tan worked better than the combination fly. But hard to tell the olive/tan one I had on me is bling in a bass's lip.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Hill county trip - 10/13/22 12:50 AM

Great report and photos. Wonderful diversity of species. Congratulations on the Rio. thumb
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Hill county trip - 10/13/22 01:39 AM

I still want to bag a Rio on fly one of these days. Congratulations! Caught a lot of them as a kid on frozen shrimp but have yet to catch one fly fishing. The hill country is such a magical place. Looks like you had it going your way. I like that set up.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hill county trip - 10/24/22 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Mac
I still want to bag a Rio on fly one of these days. Congratulations! Caught a lot of them as a kid on frozen shrimp but have yet to catch one fly fishing. The hill country is such a magical place. Looks like you had it going your way. I like that set up.

Let's make it happen this upcoming year! thumb
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Hill county trip - 10/27/22 03:03 AM

Awsome trip and pics! I’m riding with Capt. Mac. Got close few times never been able to hook up on the rios:(
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum