Texas Fishing Forum

White River COE campgrounds & fly fishing

Posted By: CedarCreekWoody

White River COE campgrounds & fly fishing - 06/20/22 03:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a Corp of Engineer campground on the White River that is well located for fly fishing? Any recommended guides in that area?
Thanks!
Posted By: Mateo Clemente

Re: White River COE campgrounds & fly fishing - 07/31/22 03:24 AM

Dam-Quarry Campground in Norfork.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232565
Posted By: slim1

Re: White River COE campgrounds & fly fishing - 07/31/22 01:42 PM

There's a nice state park behind the damn at Bull Shoals on the White. There are a bunch of guides in that area that do fly fishing trips.
Posted By: jonbo

Re: White River COE campgrounds & fly fishing - 09/01/22 09:28 AM

There's a park just below the dam with wading right in front. I think it's a state park rather than corps, though. I also prefer corps parks as they tend to try to pack fewer people in, but when I visited that area several years ago that state park looked pretty nice.

-Apologies to slim1 if that's the same park he's referring to. Also, the park just below the dam on the Norfork seems really nice with wading right there. The Norfork, btw, is a branch of the White that's in the same area. It's a smaller branch, somewhat less intimidating, maybe, but has really nice trout fishing.
Posted By: bikedog

Re: White River COE campgrounds & fly fishing - 09/01/22 02:16 PM

Guides...the Rising River Guides group are the best on the White River. The will put you on some of the best trout on the fly you may ever experience. Hit them up !!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum